Brewer Fanatic

2009 League Championship Series games

hawing
I remember a call earlier this year where the 2B was pulled away from the bag to catch the ball and they still called the guy out at 2B.

It actually happened a couple times. One was against the Cubs, playing the Rockies I believe, I can't remember the other teams where it happened, but that was much more blatant than this one and in the other ones they were still called out.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's an odd situation. Imo it's kinda funny that we're being so critical of the ump making the literal right call for once.

EDIT: Hah... missed that part of jason's post http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

If they called it like that all the time, I wouldn't have a problem with it at all. We see players get that call all the time. I agree with how they call it for the sake of safety. If a player can touch the bag, I have no problem with the out call. Consistency in calls, as always, is the problem here.

I agree, it is funny that we are being critical of umpires calling it like they should.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Edit: A-Rod is leading off the 11th, so that will be an easy first out for Fuentes at the very least.

See? What an unclutch scrub.

trwi7 wrote:

Fuentes sucks so he'll probably blow it.
Edit again: I should be hired by FOX to be the color commentator. Brutal honesty combined with wit and analysis. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Again I ask, "Why would any sane person build a new stadium without a roof?"

It's mind boggling. It would suck to play baseball in that weather. I can't imagine it was due to money. They probably wanted the new stadium to resemble the old stadium as much as possible.

Edit again: I should be hired by FOX to be the color commentator. Brutal honesty combined with wit and analysis.

Hey, did you know that radar guns read the pitch velocity from OUT OF THE PITCHER'S HAND!?!

They probably wanted the new stadium to resemble the old stadium as much as possible.

You have to be right on this one.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I know it tacks on a pretty good chunk of money. I also believe baseball should be played on grass. I would hate to have to play in this crap. I don't like weather effecting the game.

I blame Wang.

In the comment section after the post, the first sentence of the second comment pretty much sums up what I think about baseball stadiums without roofs. I would just post it here, but the language is not allowed. Link

I blame Wang.

Joe Buck: "He doesn't miss much."

Referring to Jeter who looked at the runner going to third base before he threw it to first that every other SS in that situation would do but it's more awesome because Jeter is awesome and Jeter did it which is awesome but I said it really because this game is really long and I'm running out of things to say. Oh look at me now, saying I ran out of things to say and here I am rambling on and on and on.

No commas necessary for that post.

Archived