Brewer Fanatic

Kevin Correia

TheFyl
Hey, I'm new here! Hello everyone! Of all the trades that didn't happen for pitching last year, I'm still upset about this one! I think Kevin Correia would be a great addition to our pitching staff and even be a Number 3 Starter, I'm assuming Parra can be a #2 some time in his life time. Well anyways, I wonder why this trade never happened and I hope it could in the off season. I'd trade JJ Hardy and Soup/Bush for Correia and maybe a lower A pitcher with a touch of promise. The Padres got no chance to succeed, ever. And maybe would be fine with getting whatever they could from Soup/Bush and JJ has promise, he doesn't like showing it enough, but he has promise enough to get traded for someone better than him overall. Correia was 12-11 with a 3.91 ERA for the Padres last year, and always pitched into the sixth inning, he has a lot of quality starts. He also pitched more innings than any Brewer with 198. Low walks with decent strike out numbers, I like him. I wish he already was a Brewer and if we were able to get him, he'd fill a hole in the rotation, and save us some money to go out and sign just one Free Agent Pitcher instead of 2.

1) Welcome to the board

2) Correia sure did have some good numbers all around last year. Don't expect much support on the board for him though. Many see him as yet another "another Suppan", which he could well be. That said, he'd have been a great addition mid-season last year but probably is not a goal-type signing any of us should have.

3) I think we do have enough to get Lackey. I am not sure he is worth the numbers most think he'll get, but I have no doubt we can beat the offer he ends up taking.

I like the idea of getting Corriea, his average fastball velocity was up 2 mph ( 89.1 to 91.1) from the 08' season when he struggled. I'm not sure why the Padres would trade him, but I would love to acquire him at the right price. Although after last season, I could see the Padres asking for a lot.

I know he is elibible for arbitration, but when does he become a free agent? What is a good site to look that up?

1) Welcome to the board

2) Correia sure did have some good numbers all around last year. Don't expect much support on the board for him though. Many see him as yet another "another Suppan", which he could well be. That said, he'd have been a great addition mid-season last year but probably is not a goal-type signing any of us should have.

3) I think we do have enough to get Lackey. I am not sure he is worth the numbers most think he'll get, but I have no doubt we can beat the offer he ends up taking.

The phrase "another Suppan", is used quite a bit by Brewer fans, and I don't think Kevin Correia falls under that category. He isn't a free agent, I pretty sure he has enough value where the Padres will offer him arbitration.

Archived