Brewer Fanatic

Mulder to Brewers if Peterson is hired?

jnatro

• 2 weeks later...

I would be very disappointed if they brought in Mulder (presumably on a minor league or very low non-guaranteed salary) and then tried selling that as one of their two additions to the rotation. That would smack of the acquisition of Trot Nixon from the bargain bin last year to be the solid lefty bat they needed.

Mulder has done nothing since 2005. He's a long shot to ever be a solid starter again.

I really doubt that Melvin would consider him one of his 2 starters. I think he will sign or trade for two guys that have been reliable innings eaters the last couple of years, and then one injury risk like Mulder, Sheets or Bedard.

JohnBriggs, nobody thought Trot would even make the Brewers. Mulder and Capuano are great signings. If they work out, wonderful, if not, oh well. I'm sure lots of the Cards fans were disappointed when they signed a Toronto castoff coming off major surgery, but now I think they're happy they signed Carpenter.

I'm not sure I'd qualify Cappy as a great signing, if he has a future in MLB it doesn't seem to be as a starter.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived