Brewer Fanatic

Garner, Yost & Randy Ready among 10 to interview in Houston

JimH5

Interviewing the manager they just had before Cooper is hilarious to me. I think the Astros should take this to a new level of madness and interview Cooper with those other 10.

Nah, Coop will get his interview in a couple years after they fire whoever gets the job this winter. Talk about a mess of an organization.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I was going to wait until the Astros actually signed Garner but yeah, if they are not the absolute worst run team in all of MLB they are right up there. They traded some good prospects at the deadline last year when they were in a similar to the Brewers this year. The "go for it" mentality is good from a fan standpoint, but is really dumb from a management standpoint when you trade prospects for MLB talent when you have no realistic shot at the playoffs. Oh yeah, and how's that Carlos Lee deal working out. It isn't like they haven't spent money.

I am shocked Cooper lasted as long as he did.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Nah, Coop will get his interview in a couple years after they fire whoever gets the job this winter. Talk about a mess of an organization.

It's a different regime now too... Wade didn't fire Garner.

And on the Wolf trade, I wouldn't call Chad Reineke a top prospect by any means, and he was the only player traded away.

I hope Ned Yost gets the job with Houston. It would be great to see one of our division rivals hire an incompetent manager who is completely clueless.
To play devil's advocate, though, what would it say about the Brewers if Ned had success managing elsewhere?
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

a little off subject, for the indians and astros coaching search shows the brewers did the right thing about bringing macha back, there just isn't any really solid candidates out there this year. The fact that the finalists are Acta, Mills, Garner, and Clark shows that.

a little off subject, for the indians and astros coaching search shows the brewers did the right thing about bringing macha back, there just isn't any really solid candidates out there this year. The fact that the finalists are Acta, Mills, Garner, and Clark shows that.

I'd take Acta over Macha any day. He's one of the few managers that understands, and utilizes sabermetrics. He did kind of act loony towards the end of his tenure with the Nats, but that was an all-around horrible situation.

I have to laugh seeing the name Randy Ready. Ready is a strong candidate for the all time worst Brewer team. He was another hyped product of inflated El Paso and PCL stats who hit about a buck seventy with no power once he got to the majors.
Ready didn't have much success in his time with the Brewers (fewer than 500 PAs), but went on to finish his MLB career (2,488 PAs) with a line of .259/.359/.387/.746... including a stellar 1987 season for San Diego in which he posted a .943 OPS in a part-time role. He might not have done well with the Brewers, but he certainly went on to prove he belonged in the bigs, if 'only' as a backup.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived