Brewer Fanatic

Highlights of 2009: What were your favorites?

hawing

Remember the great audio highlights that Jarjohm of Right Field Bleachers put together for the 2005, 2007 and 2008 seasons?

He's seeking suggestions for what to include in a 2009 highlight file. Post your suggestions in this thread; or if you want to keep it private, email Jared at RFB.

I personally hope fervently to hear "Your Love" along with any decent play from Frank Catalanotto. His home run would be a suitable clip.

Otherwise, I'll throw out some relative no-brainers:

Prince's grand slam vs. Cleveland on June 15

Mike Cameron's crazy catch in CF, I think sometime in May.

Yovani scoring the only run, via the long ball, in that 1-0 game vs. PIT early on.

Bill Hall with the game-winning RBI vs. St. Louis on Memorial Day. Or any moment where the Brewers top the Cardinals.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Game in June against the Giants. Cam robs a HR in the 7th inning I think. Giants score two in the 9th off Hoffman, Brewers come back with three in the bottom half to win it.

Gallardo hits the game winning HR against the Giants in the second game of the season.

Home opener. Brewers score two in the 9th off Gregg to win 4-3.

Brewers score four in the 9th against the Pirates in early May capped by a Weeks three-run homer to extend their winning streak against the Pirates.

McGehee hits a grand slam after dropping an easy popup that led to two runs in June.

That was awesome. I don't know why, but that game seems like it was years ago. That was one of the more rewarding games I've ever watched... since it would've been easy to 'pack it up' & not watch 'til the end.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Sweeping the Cardinals during the last series of the season, setting them up for ultimate failure in the NLDS. Next time, LaRussa, let Fielder hit.

Seriously...

1) Bomb celebration

2) Opening day win over Gregg

3) Fielder Grand Slam vs. CLE

4) Triple Play

5) Cameron catch

I would like to ask for non rap/hip-hop songs. 07 and 08 were unlistenable for me. 05 had good music.

edit: Gerut's grand slam at Wrigley Field. This made his trade worth while. It would be cool to set it to his walk-up music.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

In no order at all...

- King Yo taking Randy Johnson deep

- Prince grand slam vs. the Indians

- Home opener vs. Chicago with Weeks spiking his helmet

- Gamel's homer against St. Louis

- King Yo dominating the Pirates

- Prince bomb at home plate

- Prince breaking Cecil's record

- Braun's 100th

- Braun's walk off on F.A.N.

- The Kendall little league home run to beat the Twins

- Hoffman's Miller Park debut

- Prince's homer off the scorboard

- Cameron's catch

- Dave Bush bringing a no hitter into the 8th

- Hall's walk off hit against the Cards

- McGehee's Grand Slam after giving the lead to the Mets, and having him scream in his helmet.

- Prince walking off, and standing at 2nd base with his arms open and having the team dog pile on him

- McGehee's pinch hit homer on the day his son threw out the first pitch

- Triple Play

- McGehee's 4-5 day in Chicago

- PRINCE STEALING 2ND ON RUSSELL MARTIN http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

- Lopez going 4-4 in his Brewer debut in Pittsburgh, only reason he was in was because of a rain delay.

- Fielder's 2 homer day to finish off 2009

Okay so I probably named a few to many, I miss Brewer baseball already http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif.

JJ had a highlight in 2009?

Anyway... personal highlights, moments I won't forget: Cameron's ridiculous catch, Prince's HR Derby championship, Reed Johnson robbing Prince of a grand slam, Yovani hitting a solo HR and single handedly beating the Pirates 1-0. Catalanatto playing 2B... Gerut's grand slam... Prince's grand slam... Hells Bells.

There's many more... but that's off the top of my head.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Seeing my first triple play live.

Untucking on Busch field.

I'm not sure the audio for 2009 will include "and that was the first triple play seen live by sgtcluels." Though it's a traveshamockery if Bob/Cory and Brian/Bill both failed to mention it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

To expand on the "Hoffman debut" selection, he sort of had two: 4/27 vs. the Pirates where the Brewers scored five in the 8th, but Hoffman was warmed up, so out he came, to Hells Bells, before the Brewers' media crew realized that was only to be used in save situations. A few days later (4/30) was his first actual save situation at MP. By then the audio guys had received Trevor's suggestion that Hells Bells be played louder - and they complied, much to the surprise of many in the stands, the hawing party included.

I think there's some value to using player walkup music in these highlights, which would make it hard to avoid all rap/hip-hop. But jarjohm is bound to include Hells Bells, and accompanying both Catalanotto's and Gerut's home runs with their respective tunes might balance things out some.

With that said (and with all due respect to Robin19 and other non-fans of that style of music), I hope jarjohm can include Heir to the Throne. Yeah, Prince is up next.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. It'll help a lot when I start working on the highlights this offseason.

As far as the music selection goes, it's difficult to use anything besides hip hop. In 2005, I used some songs that didn't have vocals so it worked, but some of the song choices were pretty stale. In the 2007 and 2008 versions, I used hip hop because most of the songs were used by Brewers players at some point as at-bat songs and it's easy to find versions of the songs without vocals (because DJs put out versions that other artists can use in remix versions). If there are vocals in the music, it competes with the highlights or I have to turn the music way down and I don't like the way that sounds. If I could find rock songs without vocals, I'd definitely mix more in. If anyone has suggestions for where I could find rock songs sans vocals, please let me know.

And keep the highlight suggestions coming!

Watching Yo's homer disappear into the night was my highlight. It was such a perfect blast; really pulled that little mother. And the look on Randy's face. I swear there's nothing better than a pitcher who can hit (well, maybe a Robin Yount triple). It just lift's the whole team.

anyone has suggestions for where I could find rock songs sans vocals, please let me know.

Alman bros?

For me, the highlight of the season was McGehee hitting that GS after the drop and his reaction in the dugout. I get chills thinking about how fired up he was. It is just great to see that kind of emotion.

McGehee's grand slam after dropping the pop up was the number one moment and none other came close. That was a priceless moment.

Number 2 was Bill Hall's walk off hit in the bottom of the 10th to beat the Cardinals 1-0 on Memorial Day in what was a classic. I choose for that to be my lasting memory of Bill Hall who for all his struggles gave Brewer fans many thrilling moments in his time here.

None of the stuff that happened in August or September meant anything so it was hard to get too excited by it.

I'm so depressed by how long ago some of those games seem...

The Cleveland comeback was this year?!?!

Hall's walk-off was a classic. It was also a dominant performance from Yo and Carpenter.

I would imagine their is some good audio from Yo's complete game in Houston.

Edit: I just looked up the McGehee home run on the Brewer's website so I could watch it again. My wife could hear it was a crowd cheering the the name "Casey McGehee". She asked what I was watching. I told her some "Brewer Highlights". To which she just replied - "Is that they one where he just messed up and then hit a grand slam?"

My wife is cool.

Most of the "must have" highlights have been nominated. One I'd like to hear again is Gamel's first career home run from the May 18th game in St. Louis which secured the series sweep.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived