Brewer Fanatic

Cubs file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

Patrick425

Don't have a news story yet, but saw a "Breaking News" banner on msnbc.com

edit: I guess this is not really that big of a news story, since it was expected preceeding the sale:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-ap-us-cubs-bankruptcy,0,4054338.story

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

It's all paper. If it was real, and the team was disbanded, now that would shake up things for the better. The day when franchises start to really falter and payrolls can't be made, that's the day when baseball will have a chance. In the mean time please don't play with my emotions.

It's all paper. If it was real, and the team was disbanded, now that would shake up things for the better. The day when franchises start to really falter and payrolls can't be made, that's the day when baseball will have a chance. In the mean time please don't play with my emotions.

Yes we all wish for the day baseball becomes the NHL

Absolutely. When all sports do the NHL thing we'll actually have true competitiveness. People will be able to afford to see the games. You watch what people will be writing 5 to 10 years down the road about the lockout and the new player agreement that links contracts in a real way to actual revenues. I realize the NHL isn't particularly cool right now, but I think they're ready for a renassaince (sic). I love their international draft as well.

Ticket prices are based on supply and demand. So is average player salary. If the NHL is more affordable, it's because it's less popular.

And guaranteed contracts are about as fair as a player not being able to opt out of a contract whenever he wants. Neither side can break the contract, so that's the definition of fair. The NFL is less fair in comparison. And don't get me started on the arbitration rules.

I'd like to see more competative balance as well but suggesting it would be a good thing if MLB went bankrupt kinda seems silly.

Archived