Brewer Fanatic

Schadenfreude, thy name is the Cardinals!

bigredrobbo
After all the nonsense with the Cards this year - LaRussa's usual guff, untuckemgate, and the obvious hatred that baseball Jesus has for Milwaukee's finest, I'm taking an immense amount of glee from the 3 and done effort from St. Louis. Does that make me a bad person?

After all the nonsense with the Cards this year - LaRussa's usual guff, untuckemgate, and the obvious hatred that baseball Jesus has for Milwaukee's finest, I'm taking an immense amount of glee from the 3 and done effort from St. Louis. Does that make me a bad person?

Nah. I'm sure you can be a bad person for other reasons.

I dislike LaRussa mostly for how he handled his steroid users over the years. Plus the whole "smarter than everyone else" stuff, and the DUI. So him losing is just fine by me.

And I think this probably hurts more for Cardinals fans than a Dodgers loss would affect their fans. So that's good. There's something wonderful about imagining the Cards fans all decked out in red, peeling off those red sweatshirts after the loss, knowing they won't get to wear them again until next April.

Still, while I like Torre, I find it hard to root for Manny and Frank McCourt, so it's hard for me to get too giddy.

Though if the Dodgers made it all the way to face the Yanks or Red Sox, I think I'd have to back them.

The Dodgers are probably my second favorite NL team, so I was glad to see them win. There's a certain satisfaction in seeing Joe Torre being so successful with the Dodgers after the Yankees showed him the door in such a disrespectful fashion.

Plus the Brewers are the only NL Central team to actually win a playoff game since '06, so that makes the Cardinals getting swept just a bit sweeter.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Actually hating the Cards and their fans makes you morally astute. Being happy about the Cards being swept is like being happy at the liberation of Paris. Only the demise of the Yankees would in fact be better for the world. If that happens peace will break out all over the globe, but alas, it will never happen. The old blue marble will have to eat its own tears this year I'm afraid.

The Cardinals weren't as good as their record. Like the Twins, Cubs, and Brewers they were a decent but flawed .500-ish team. They warmed up in July then had a torrid August going 20-6. The last 30 games of the year they were 14-16. Bad time to cool off. For the year they beat up the bad teams and other than the Dodgers and Cubs, got beat up by the good teams.

I respect the organization as perhaps the best run, most stable in professional baseball. But, like the Yankees, the arrogance is so annoying that it's difficult to cheer for them.

"The last 30 games of the year they were 14-16. Bad time to cool off. For the year they beat up the bad teams and other than the Dodgers and Cubs, got beat up by the good teams. "

The last time they had a horrible run going into the playoffs they won the WS.

The Cardinals, as constructed at the end of the season, were either the best or 2nd best team in the NL. Adding Holliday and DeRosa made them a very legitimate team.

Archived