Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2009 Bobblhead dates

miggs721

I haven't seen the promotional schedule yet. I don't think that it has been released. You'd think that they'd post it before single game tickets go on sale. Anyways, if the past is any idication of the future, there will probably be another Michael Redd bobblehead. I wouldn't rule out a former player either, since they featured Bob Dandridge last year.

I'm sure that the promotional schedule will be released in the next week or two. In fact, someone could probably contact their ticket rep for an advanced copy. It might be fun to have people post some predictions here.

My Prediction:

1) Michael Redd

2) Andrew Bogut

3) Brandon Jennings

My Wish List:

1) Michael Redd (Team USA)

2) Luc Mbah a Moute

3) Scott Skiles

Production:

Michael Redd (for the 18th time)

Jennings

Mbah a Moute

Wish List:

Oscar Robinson

Sam Cassel

Ervin "Not So Magic" Johnson

If they have to do Redd again, they should do two separate bobbles that could be connected together. Do a Redd USA one first, and then an Oscar Robinson USA one. They could also throw in Glenn Robinson and Ray Allen in there Team USA uniforms, although they probably won't do Allen while he is still playing.

They'll have the opportunity to honor the 2000-2001 team that won the Central and got hosed in the Conference Finals. I'd love to see bobbles for all the Big Three, along with Scott Williams, Ervin Johnson, and Lindsey Hunter. Heck, do the whole playoff roster.They could honor the team that actually won the finals since it will be the 40th anniversary of that, but they've already made bobbles for most of that team.

The Bucks had some good Players in the 80's and even in the 90's. I think they are running out of ideas for the current teams. Another Redd or Bogut will be just a waste of a promotional date. A Redd USA would be nice, or even him in his all star jersey from a few years back but I doubt it will happen. The promotional idea crew for the Bucks needs to get more creative with their bobbles. Why not do some more 80's and 90's bobbles? All the fans that went to the games as kids back then now have jobs and can afford the tickets, love those players and would love the nostalgia. Call me bobblehead crazy. I'm still trying to figure out why the Brewers have not given one of our only two Cy Young winners in Brewers history a full size bobble in Pete Vuckovich! Anyway this is what Bucks picks I came up with.

My predictions:

- Brandon jennings

- Luc mbah a moute

- Scott Skiles (cool to see a alternate one coaching, one while playing for the Bucks) won't happen.

- Joe Alexander ( Long Shot) and who cares.

My Dream Bucks bobbles, in dream order:

- Terry Cummings

- Glen "Big Dog" Robinson (sponsor Humane Society)

- Brian Winters

- Ricky Pierce

- Marques Johnson ( sponsor Johnson Bank or Johnson Wax)

- Jack Sikma

- Paul Pressey

- Alvin Robertson

- Junior Bridgeman ( sponsor Wendy's)

I added a few potential sponsors

Tony - I especially like your Scott Skiles "player" bobblehead idea. I had only envisioned him in a suit on my bobblehead wish list. All of the Bucks' promo ideas are pretty "vanilla" if you ask me. It's almost a guarantee that we'll see free ice scrapers, coffee mugs, and lunch bags. However, I like giveaways as much as the next guy. I contacted my ticket rep yesterday and he told me to expect to see the promotional schedule up by the end of the week.

i find it weird and backwards that opening night is 2 weeks from tonight and they have yet to announced any promotions. The brewers do a good job of making those dates known early so fans that care can plan for them. The all fan giveaway dates for next season have already been announced. I no longer go to many bucks game but the few games I plan to go to is usually because of a great bargain of a all fan giveaway.

I just called and asked about the promo schedule. The person I spoke with had a preliminary schedule with him and told me there are only two bobblehead games:

Feb 6 - Brandon Jennings

Apr 7 - Bango

He said more could be added but he didn't know, and thought it would be posted on the website soon, when things are 'finalized'. It seems pretty late to be finalizing that stuff.

thanks for sharing but thats pretty lame. Truth be told though there is no much else the bucks could have done. I already have 2 Redd and Bogut bobbles and there really isn't anywhere else the team could go minus doing something on par with the brewers having Jeff Suppan bobblehead day.

I will snatch up a couple Jennings, he is a top 3 candidate for ROY and the FUTURE of the Bucks....Bango is kind of cool. I would have only liked 2 more current people: the Fresh Prince Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, and of course skiles, with a retro version, but this is the NBA....

If anyone is interested in any bobbles from years past I have a few I would like to get rid of. I think all but 5 come with boxes. I also have (but not pictured) a Bango in the slam dunk pose.

http://images.yuku.com/image/jpeg/87b369b542c4106a403ded446411c53406328552.jpg

Archived