Brewer Fanatic

2009 Division Series games

endaround
regardless of the call, the Twins had bases loaded with nobody out and failed to score. Even though, we have seen that multitudinal times as Brewer fans, the Twins are supposed to "thrive" in situations like that as a small ball team. But the next two batters both swing at the first pitch from Robertson. Unbelievable. Unless you're a Brewer fan.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I saw it was Phil Cuzzi who botched that call I wasn't surprised at all.

Phillies-Rockies tonight has been postponed due to "poor weather." I find that slightly funny, but also slightly annoying.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Couldn't have happened to a better team.

Hey the Crew still has the most playoff wins of any Division team in, what was it, the last 3 or 4 years.

That would be three. STL won a few more in 2006. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I truly don't tend to be a super vindictive person, but I do make exceptions at times. I'm pleased for the contributions the Brewers made to the Cardinals' late 2009 fade.

Edit: I only saw a few plays of the game. How did the Cardinals fare given the white towels?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator

It now looks like at least 2 of the teams that I was pulling for will advance to the next round (LAD for sure, hopefully LAA and COL also).

By the way, the temperature for that Rockies game is only going to be 10 degrees warmer than tonight (mid 30s vs. mid 20s).

Hawing, I watched the Cardinals-Dodgers game last night, and the only white towels were the ones being waved by the players as they rolled over for Los Angeles.

Oooh! Burn!

Honestly, though, it looked like they just gave up. That's nice to see. Albert Pujols, who everyone was predicting was going to personally destroy the LA pitching, continues his homerless streak to a full month.

I read in the newspaper this morning (yes, I kick it old-school) that Pujols left the Cathedral of Baseball Played the Right Way without talking to reporters.

OK, the newspaper called it Busch Stadium. The cathedral thing was my embellishment. I guess this could just as easily go into the Schadenfreude thread.

Haha, BoSox eliminated. I love it. Papelbon looked shell shocked after the game. Here's to hoping the Twins can rally back against the Yankees. Though I guess the Angels beating the Evil Empire to go to the World Series would be a good storyline.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Oh, wow, and (now upon reading the box score) the 9th inning offense for the Angels was all two-out magic. Superb.

I am distressed, though, that Madison has three sports radio stations, and none of them is carrying baseball today or tonight.

I hadn't listened to much of Ron Darling do color until tonight, but I'm impressed. He's adding a lot, and not being weird about it. EDIT: And flipping to TNT until the Twins lose, delighted to find BA and Joe Simpson. Good evening to watch baseball on TV.

Archived