Brewer Fanatic

2009 Division Series games

endaround

Maybe there is something to this Brewer-Cardinal thing...

Belliard drives in the tying run in the bottom of the 9th and Loretta the winning run. Former Brewers ruining LaRussa's day.

Edited thread title to reflect posts about multiple games - hawing

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was awesome. And longtime bf.net readers know I have little love for Ronnie freakin' Belliard.

(I have always been a Mark Loretta fan, though.)

Edit: Plus the rally was sparked by a Matt Holliday error. Hah. HAH!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Community Moderator
It was interesting to see several empty sections down the outfield lines at Dodger Stadium. I know the Dodgers were #1 in the league in regular season attendance, but I thought they would have been able to sell out their playoff games.

How can you not sell-out a playoff game? I know the seats that were empty weren't very good, but come on! I would go to a playoff game in a second if I had the money, bad seat or not. Maybe it's just the Brewers fan in me thinking you never know when the next playoff appearance will be.

I officially hate the Cardinals a bit more now:

"That ball got lost in 50,000 white towels shaking in front of Matt's face," Wainwright said. "It doesn't really seem fair that an opposing team should be able to allow their fans to shake white towels when there's a white baseball flying through the air. How about Dodger Blue towels?"

"That ball got lost in 50,000 white towels shaking in front of Matt's face," Wainwright said. "It doesn't really seem fair that an opposing team should be able to allow their fans to shake white towels when there's a white baseball flying through the air. How about Dodger Blue towels?"
Wow that has to be the lamest excuse I have ever heard.

I officially hate the Cardinals a bit more now:

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Not to hijack the thread, but Cole Hamels had another gem today:

"Being the defending world champs, I think it's kind of a little weird that we kind of get both games at 2 o' clock," Hamels said Wednesday morning before Game 1 of the NLDS at Citizens Bank Park. "I don't think it's fair. I definitely don't think it's fair for the fans because this is all about the home-field advantage or just baseball in general. I understand TV ratings, but I think at the end of the day, most players would rather play when they're both comfortable and that's kind of what we're trained at, either 1 o'clock or 7 o'clock. It's more fair for us than really the TV ratings, because truly I don't think we mind as much for TV ratings."

How does that make any sense? These guys play in 4 different time zones and he's complaining about not being comfortable?

They are still going to fill the stands. A few kids might have to skip school, but isn't that part of the fun? Those comments don't make any sense.

The Cardinals surpassed the Cubs as my most hated team this season, and that quote by Wainwright is exactly why. They're just a bunch of sanctimonious whiners, and I hope Dodgers sweep those big babies right out of the playoffs. I haven't cheered that much at a baseball game since the Brewers were still in the race, that ending was just plain sweet.

Someone pointed out on NSBB that the Central is now 1-11 over the last three years in the postseason.

Way to represent Brew Crew! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Oh, indeed!

That quote from Wainwright is kind of appalling, in a sports sense at least.

Last Saturday's MIL-STL game included a commemorative Matt Holliday baseball giveaway. I wonder how fans feel about that right now.

Also, the Dodgers' MLB site includes links to the TV and radio calls of the Holliday error. Vin Scully's is amusing: "...hit him right in the groin, hopefully he's wearing a cup."

Schadenfreude is probably not best for the karma, but I can't get enough of this. Matt Holliday giveth, and Matt Holliday taketh away.

Not done yet...

So, maybe the reason why so many STL fans wear red instead of white or gray is to help the fielders find the ball? Thus, wearing something like a home-white Pujols jersey to a game is classless?

As for Cole Hamels, I'm willing to cut a degree of slack since his wife was having their first child. But the "defending world champions" thing sounds whiny. And if Cole gave it some thought, he might realize that had the Phillies played in prime-time, he would have missed even more of his wife's labor.

I think the only thing we can do at this point is organize the fan base to "White out" then "Anti-White out" all the stl games next year. All white t-shirts and towels with the cards in the field and all brewers blues when the crew fields. To paraphrase George from Seinfeld, You wanna get unclassy, Let's get unclassy!

Also not to harp on the hypocrytes down on "the Lou" but whine about every body else, and when that game went in the toilet there was some very not classy nsfw posts on card fan sites. Stiff upper lip gentlemen.

I'm not a Twins "fan" at all, but I despise the Yankees, so I'll be bitterly disappointed if the Twins can't win this game.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Umm, wow. That "foul ball" hit by Mauer was fair by at least a foot. Over/under on Al berating the umps on his blog? 5 minutes? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

He actually beat your post by a minute. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Archived