Brewer Fanatic

Things to do in Baltimore

brewerfan82
I'm visiting a friend in Baltimore for a week next month and was wondering if anyone's been there and have any must-see attractions. She works at the National Aquarium, so I'm already seeing that for sure and spending time in the Inner Harbor. She just moved there from Wisconsin a couple months ago as well, so any lesser known places to checkout would be much appreciated! Thanks!

The Babe Ruth birthplace is pretty cool. They have another sports museum near Camden Yards which is good. . .though I thought it was very expensive, and it had room for a lot more stuff than they had on display (about 3 years ago).

The National Aquarium is great, but when I was there, it was jammed with people, which took a little away from the experience.

I'd second touring the ballpark. It's really nice. If you take the train to DC, maybe you could also tour the Nationals Stadium.

If you end up going to DC and need advice, let me know - I lived there for a year awhile back. Didn't make it to Baltimore much though.

• 2 weeks later...

Baltimore is cool. I have visited several times. You're not really going at the best time, but oh well... The one area I specifically remember liking and re-appearing in several times was Hamden. It reminds me a bit of Brady Street only way better... The NY Times recently focused on Baltimore in their 36 hours travel segment, and did a pretty good job I think. Check this article out before going and see if anything suits your interest:

http://travel.nytimes.com...0/04/travel/04hours.html

Archived