Brewer Fanatic

Winter weather thread 2009-2010

owbc
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just saw the first flakes of the year in Madison
Let's leave the downtown crowd out of this....http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

But yeah, I saw the snowflakes as well. Surely, the city will be in panic mode and everyone's going shopping to stock up!

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

You guys beat me to it...the slightest flurry on the near west side.

This summer, a family from California moved in across the street from us. Their kids are decked out in full winter regalia, including boots, walking around and looking at the sky. I want to tell them, just you wait. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/ohwell.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

First snow falling here in Hartford. It's odd because I look at the calendar and it was still technically summer less than 3 weeks ago. Meanwhile the calendar says winter isn't due to arrive for another 2+ months.

It's official: Winter is now a 6 month season in Wisconsin. Spring goes from April through June. Summer is now a month and a half. And fall goes from mid-August through September. I gotta get the hell outta here.

Loveland and A-Basin are open here in Colorado, another four inches or so for us last night in Boulder. Rockies game tonight was already postponed, lows in the teens again tonight. 60's again by midweek though, gotta love Colorado weather!

• 4 weeks later...
It's been below 0 sans wind chill for the last week. What the hell was I thinking when I decided to move to Fairbanks? Eagle, WI is sounding much better right now.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

The nice thing about the weather we've been having is that I can carry my computer equipment in the trunk of the car without worrying about freezing or melting it.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• 3 weeks later...
Community Moderator
Just a warning for anyone traveling around thanksgiving--some of the forecast models are showing rain changing to snow on Wednesday afternoon/evening. Too early to speculate on amounts, but there could be accumulations by Thursday morning--maybe several inches in western/northwest WI.

Yes. There was snow on the ground in Wisco this time last year.

It was -35 below here in Alaska yesterday. I can't wait to get home for Christmas where its warm!

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived