Brewer Fanatic

Winter weather thread 2009-2010

owbc
  • Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm fine with how cold it is. As long as it's not snowing, I'm good.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Community Moderator

That SE storm moved north at the last minute. Much of the Carolinas ended up with virtually nothing while the heavy snow band moved into Virginia and Washington DC.

Looks like some light lake effect snow this morning in Milwaukee--less than 1" expected. A weak storm system will move through here on Monday night. Snow amounts should generally be in the 1-2" range.

I'm fine with how cold it is. As long as it's not snowing, I'm good.
Amen to that. I mean, I don't like the cold, but I would take it any day over snow. I could care less if it stayed this cold the rest of winter as long as we didn't get any more big snowfalls.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Community Moderator
Looks like we have a long duration snow event coming Monday night into Tuesday. The snow is not expected to get especially heavy, but we could see 4-8" across southern WI, with the lower amounts north and west of Madison and the higher amounts in Milwaukee down to Kenosha. Stay tuned.

Community Moderator

Still looks like 4-8" away from the lake with an extra 4 or 5 inches along the lake due to enhancement. Snow will fall over about 48 hours. Windy conditions expected as well, with lots of blowing and drifting.

Edit: here is the forecast snowfall map. My personal opinion is that the NWS is forecasting 1-2" too high, but they seem really confident that this thing is going to pack a punch.

• 2 weeks later...
Community Moderator

This thread has been quiet, but I have some good news for the snow lovers. The models have been showing a storm system moving through the Ohio Valley on Monday, but the latest run has pushed it much farther north, with Chicago getting a major snowstorm and the edge of the precipitation now reaching southern Wisconsin. At this point, it would only be a 1-3" event, but we only need the forecast track to move about 100 miles north to get a nice 6"+ storm. I like to get the word out as early as possible, but confidence is still very low on this one, probably only about a 10-20% chance of a big storm.

However, I am much more confident about arctic air moving in by late next week. Winter is not over yet--it is still mid-February :-)

Oh, and the first week of March is looking warm.
Awesome....going to AZ that week.

I'm sure the El Nino effect will rear it's ugly head that week and it will be 60 in Phoenix.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Community Moderator

Latest models weaken the storm and push it farther SE, away from Wisconsin. My forecast is 3-5" in Madison, 4-8" in Milwaukee. Snow should start around Sunday night around midnight.

Edit: Latest forecast suggests even less snow--maybe 2-3" in Madison and 3-6" in Milwaukee.

Archived