Brewer Fanatic

Brian Anderson to do Rockies/Phillies series

Baldkin

Its good for the brewers to get a little national exposure, but I dont like BA at all. He is boring and never adds anything interesting to the broadcast, just harps on the same few things over and over and usually makes several mistakes every broadcast by quoting incorrect stats. Also, I KNOW THAT THE BREWERS WOULD LIKE A GROUNDBALL WITH THE BASES LOADED AND 1 OUT.

The only problems I have with BA is that I feel he hypes up the action. Mediocre ballplayers are given more credit then they are due and routine plays are made into something more. Sometimes the action in baseball is a little undramatic and that's okay.

Also, and this is more of a general criticism of the field, but why do TV announcers feel the need to talk all the time. I can see the action and the graphics on the screen so I don't need them described to me. I'd rather have it be like radio where the greats always have a little dead air.

Overall I suppose he's fine, but for some reason the constant "no-hitter" talk during Bush's gem against Philadelphia early in the season started to irk me. I know he was just trying to make a point about the ridiculousness of certain baseball superstitions, but still.

Personally, I love BA. Its amazing how much better he sounds with a competent partner in the booth. Last year the way he played off of Smoltz was pretty amazing.

I'll never understand complaints about BA when there's the other brutal announcers, like Chip Caray out there. At least BA will get the players names right in the game he's doing.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I have to say, after watching/listening to each of the Divisional Series, the BA/Joe Simpson pairing is hands-down the best team. Not that it's hard to be better than Chip Caray/Ron Darling or anything... actually, it'd be hard to be worse than those two clowns.

A tip of the cap to Brian, though. He's really done a nice job showcasing his talent again this postseason (but I hope not a good enough job to get hired away!).

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Wow, that writeup is beyond flattering. I'm happy for BA to get recognized -- he definitely deserves it.

"...while we're stuck with TBS's No. 1 guy, Chip Caray, on Yankees-Twins, TBS's second-string duo of Brian Anderson and Joe Simpson have helped make Phillies-Rockies a good watch and an even better listen.

[Anderson & Simpson] have been alert, yet relaxed, pleasant and amusing without being silly or shticky. When something happens, they sound excited, not hysterical. They don't choose to analyze every pitch and swing nor are they inclined to decorate their thoughts with extra fancy."

I've grown so tired of Chip Caray's senseless screaming into the microphone (though that's more of a tip-of-the-iceberg than definitive gripe http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif).

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived