Brewer Fanatic

2009 Post-Season: Who you got & Who you want?

lcbj68c

What I think: Phillies over the Yankees, as there are no A-bombs from A-Rod in another Fall disappearing act for the wondrous one. CC chokes in the WS this time, instead of the LCS or LDS.

What I want: Angels v. Dodgers. I don't really love LA, but I like the East Coast teams even less. I have always hated the Twins, and there is no way I want to see the Cards win it again (mainly due to Berta and LaRussa). The Rockies have no chance, and I can't get behind a team that has no chance. So by process of elimination, its the battle of Smogtown USA. At least its sunny above the smog.

Fantasy:

Twins vs Yankees - Twins

Sox vs Angels - Angels

Dodgers vs Cards - Dodgers

Rockies vs Phils - Rockies

Dodgers over the Rockies

Angels over the Twins

Angels over the Dodgers in 7

Reality:

Twins vs Yankees - Yanks

Sox vs Angels - Sox

Dodgers vs Cards - Dodgers

Rockies vs Phils - Phils

Yanks vs Sox - Yanks

Dodgers vs Phils - Phils

Yanks vs Phils - Yanks in 6

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Tigers win the play in tomorrow by scoring early and often.

AL

In the biggest surprise of the playoffs, Verlander shuts down the Yankees in games 2 and 5 of the ALDS as the Tigers defeat the Yanks. The Red Sox will edge out the angels 3-2 after battling through some pitching struggles. In the ALCS the Tigers will lose to the Red Sox in game 5 at Fenway Park in a lopsided series.

NL

The Cardinals will sweep the Dodgers in the NLDS. The Phillies also pull out a sweep over the Rockies. In an NLCS with well rested players, the Phillies win 4 games to 2 as the only two Cardinal wins come on the backs of Chris Carpenter. Significant blame falls on the back of Cy Young Adam Waignwright.

World Series

Phillies surprise with back to back world series championships as the Red Sox in a classic made for tv drama.

Well, that Tigers/Twins play-in was one of the most exciting games in recent memory, but since the Twins won in 12 I have to revise my prediction. The Yankees will steamroll the Twins in 3 games and go on to lose to the Red Sox in 7 who will lose to the Phillies in the WS.

The World Series matchup that I'd be most likely to watch would be the Phillies vs. Yankees. I know that's a classic "casual fan matchup," where the big names and big markets would draw viewers in, but I'd make a point to watch it because I'm a sucker like that.

I also find myself rooting for the Angels because of the Nick Adenhart storyline (and because they are not the Yankees or the Red Sox).

I have nothing more to add than that I loved seeing the "ballplaying" Twins get swept by the Yankees. I swear, if I had to listen to any more of the, 'This is just a team full of ballplayers!' crap, I would've lost it.

The Twins: They lose in the playoffs The Right Way

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 3 weeks later...
What I think: Phillies over the Yankees, as there are no A-bombs from A-Rod in another Fall disappearing act for the wondrous one. CC chokes in the WS this time, instead of the LCS or LDS.
CC is on his way to an 0-2 WS showing. He didn't pitch poorly, but the Yankees had to use five relievers after his departure (not saying its his fault). While I wish I could see the Yankees lose Game 6 at home, I am calling for Phillies in 5 (Yankees win tonight, as they are Pedro's daddy).

A-Rod is at the current moment 0-for-7 in the series with 5 strikeouts. If he continues to struggle for a few more games and the Yankees lose the series, he will go back to being considered a choke artist despite hitting well earlier in the playoffs. There's still hope! I just don't like him, and I hope his legacy goes down as a ball-slapping steroid user who (right or wrong) couldn't come up big in important games.

Trust me as nasty as Philadelphia fans they dont compare to yankees fans. yankees fans are the most arrogant fans in the world who actually believe that they are "earning" this victory. Watching the parade right outside my office window will be the icing on this poisonous cake for me.

Archived