Brewer Fanatic

2009-10-04 Brewers (Suppan) at Cardinals (Pineiro) : 1:15 PM CT [Brewers win, 9-7]

hawing
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So classy, walking the guy who's one HR behind Baseball Jesus, and tied for the league lead in RBI, after coughing up two runs in extras.

So classy.

This Axford kid throws hard. Almost too bad he's not throwing at Pujols for that bush-league stunt courtesy of LaRussa.

Opening Day Lineup:

2b Weeks

RF Hart

LF Braun

1b Fielder

SS Hardy

CF Cameron

3b Hall

C Kendall

Day 162:

2b Lopez

RF Gerut

LF Braun

1b Fielder

3b McGehee

CF Cameron

SS Escobar

C Kendall

There was so much potenital in that opening day lineup. It was a decent season with some injuries and absolutely horrid starting pitching. 80-82 isn't all that bad when you think about it. Pray for a good offseason.

Axford is big leaguer. I think we will see him again next April. I am not happy with 80-82 but about 6 weeks ago I thought we would be lucky to win 72. Teams can get from 80 to 90 wins without changing the entire roster. I have some optimism for next year, but Doug needs to come through for us in the off-season!

The pitching is another year or two away! PLEASE no Suppan type signings this off season! Trade the arby eligible players and save the cash for Prince and Yo! The playoff window will be open for about 4-5 years if we can be patient!

As trying as the past couple months have been, the final game of the season will always make me sad. With no Brewers to root for, I guess I'll turn to rooting for the Twins in Game #163 and hoping they can take down the Yankees if they get into the playoffs. If that doesn't happen, I'll just root for all outcomes not Cards/Yanks.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'd love to be a fly on the wall on the first day of spring training 2010 IF the Brewers would get LaRussa instead of Macha (as has been discussed elsewhere on the board):

Tony: "Hey, big guy. Nice to have you on my side this year."

Prince: "Um . . yeah. What are you doing walking me me last time up last year?" [shoves LaRussa into the wall]

Tony: "Hey now, I had to do it in that situation."

Prince: "Oh, come on! I coulda had the RBI title." [another shove into the wall, which is showing signs of crumbling.]

Tony: "Man, you're strong. I had to keep it a 2-run game and hope to get out of the inning."

Prince: "I coulda been a .300 hitter!" [Prince shoves him through the wall.]

Tony: "Okay . . . . we're not speaking anymore. I did it to Rolen and I can do it to you."

Prince: "Ah, whatever, I'm just joking around. Or am I?"

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Well, Escobar ends up one at bat short of losing his rookie status. Luckily he got hit by a pitch or he probably would have had the minimum. Now he can play for Rookie of the Year next year.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

okay, so my post above is useless. I typed it out, not knowing that Macha would be back.

Maybe Prince will do this during pre-game down in the tunnel or something.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'd like to use this post to express how frustrating it was to lose our DSL in the 9th inning today. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif But I'm glad the Brewers prevailed.

Had I been able during the 10th, I would have commented on the irony of #59 being put in the save situation.

Is it April 5 yet? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif (I'd settle for April 2 or 3)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived