Brewer Fanatic

2009-10-01 Brewers (Parra) at Rockies (Cook) : 2:10 PM CT [Brewers lose, 9-2]

hawing
Anyone else feel a little ill when they announced that Corey Patterson was up to pinch hit?

I kicked a (insert animal here that nobody would care that I kicked because it's so ugly.)

Seriously, if Gamel doesn't get an at bat in this game I'm going to be furious.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To be fair to Manny (and McClung for that matter) this strike zone has been a joke all day. Seriously, they're replaying the game at 7 tonight. For those who aren't watching, watch it tonight for a few innings and get a look at the strike zone. It will make you feel better about all the walks.

I wasn't home to watch the majority of the game Tuesday night, but what I did see, I thought the strike zone was crazy then as well.

I like the idea of Bethoven and Golden Girls as long as it's not overdone.
The Golden Girls song makes Frank Catalanotto's choice of "Your Love" ooze with testosterone in comparison. Maybe the ladies in the Rockies' fanbase get into singing along?

Edit: Hey, shutout averted; and Ryan's now 3 hits away from 200. Yay.

edit 2: And we have a winner in the home run inning: $200 for Tom of Lake Mills!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Not to be a smart aleck but since I can't see the game right now--> if it just the crazy strike zone why do the Brewers have 7 walks and the Rockies zero? Is the ump really calling the borderline ones that one sided or are Parra and Mcclung up to their usual antics of strike zone avoidance? Parra had less than 50% of his pitches for strikes, while Cooks raw numbers are over 60% for strikes.

Not to be a smart aleck but since I can't see the game right now--> if it just the crazy strike zone why do the Brewers have 7 walks and the Rockies zero? Is the ump really calling the borderline ones that one sided or are Parra and Mcclung up to their usual antics of strike zone avoidance? Parra had less than 50% of his pitches for strikes, while Cooks raw numbers are over 60% for strikes.

The Brewers are swinging at everything. Cook has something like 65 pitches through 6 innings.

Seriously, if Gamel doesn't get an at bat in this game I'm going to be furious.
I'm sure Counsell, Catalanotto, Hardy, and Cameron will all get at-bats before Gamel does today.
Sorry to nit pick, but Catalanotto is not with the team this week due to a death in his family. So that's 'only' three guys ahead of Mat.

I'm shaking my head at Bob's phrase: "16-game winner Jorge de la Rosa."

Edit: Also at the third walk to the pitcher today (and the second bases-loaded walk to the pitcher). I don't think I can bear to watch the replay tonight.

I don't think we're going to win another game this season.
As much as I try not to assume, I had that thought during Wednesday night's game: that by attending Saturday's game, we might have seen the last Brewer win of the year.

The Brewers are swinging at everything. Jim Joyce has not called the outside of the strike zone all day, and the Rockies have taken advantage of that by not swinging unless they have too.....

This game has had a lot of embarassing moments.

We are making Aaron Cook seem like a god on the mound......and our announcers are having a "rockies love fest" right now. Ugh

A painful tweet from Haudricourt earlier:

"Parra finishes the year with 6.36 ERA. Bush is done at 6.38. Suppan is at 5.30. Looper is at 5.10. Nice starting rotation the Brewers have."

He needs to be more like he is on his twitter page than he is in chats. Most of his tweets are absolutely hilarious.

These are just from the last day.

The Rockies are hitting one rocket after another against Suppan. His 5.04 ERA won't be going down in his final start.

Jeff Suppan's final two starts of season: 10.1 IP, 22 hits, 16 runs (15 earned). Record: 7-12, 5.30. One yr left on contract at $12.5 M.

Don't know what's more painful to watch -- the Brewers' starting pitchers or Jimmy Fallon's monologue. Both need upgrades for 2010.

Can Jim Joyce's strike zone be any smaller for Rockies-Brewers? I thought these guys were supposed to "hunt" for strikes.
If it's not right down the middle, Joyce won't call it a strike. Guess he doesn't have anywhere to go today. Or tonight.

I guess this is "add injury to insult" day. Meh, who says we need more relievers anyway?

Seriously, Bob said Roger Caplinger is checking to see if Chris Smith has all his teeth. What else is going to go wrong today?

I kinda thought the free swinging Crew might be the cause. I noticed Cook only had about 65 pitches at that point. I didn't notice the BB to the pitchers with the bases loaded, thankfully I wasn't watching since that infuriates me. How many free passes have the Brewer's pitcher issued this year with the bases loaded? It seems to be a recurring problem for them especially with the opposing pitcher in there. It may be one of those stats that stand out in memory more than actuallly being a problem but the fact that ML pitcher can't throw 3 strikes before 4 balls to a pitcher is frustrating.

Archived