Brewer Fanatic

2009-10-01 Brewers (Parra) at Rockies (Cook) : 2:10 PM CT [Brewers lose, 9-2]

hawing

The Brewers start October baseball. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/indifferent.gif Somehow, I was more jacked about it this day last year.

You can save face, just for one day. Please?
(if starting lineups appear in the next 45 minutes I'll try to post them; after that I'll be away from the computer until about 2:30)

(edited to correct start time)
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting the thread...I forgot it was a day game today. Gives me something to follow while things are slow with work in the afternoon.

From Witrado:

BREWERS

2B Felipe Lopez

RF Jody Gerut

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

3B Casey McGehee

CF Mike Cameron

SS Alcides Escobar

C Jason Kendall

LHP Manny Parra

Game is apparently on both FS-Wisconsin and MLB Network, as well as the Brewers Radio Network.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

D'oh, sure enough. I'm getting too used to MLB thinking the world revolves around Eastern Time. I'll edit.

And this means I won't miss as much of the game due to my meeting. May that be a good thing.

Slightly related to weekday distractions from the Brewers: 2009 is my first year as a Gameday Audio subscriber. Is there an archive I can listen to in the off-season? Would I be limited to listening to 2009 archived games? (because if not, I might otherwise dredge up some of the happier 2008 games)

If I'm hearing correctly, Coors Field has some odd selections for ballpark music. I'm pretty sure I heard part of "Thank You for Being a Friend" (aka the Golden Girls theme song) as well as the start of Beethoven's 5th. (Though, at least it wasn't "A Fifth of Beethoven.")

I don't think they're player at-bat choices, more like between-batter or end-of-inning bits.

If Manny walks the pitcher to walk in a run I'm probably not going to watch or listen to another Brewer game the rest of the year. I'm so frustrated with the pitching.

edit. Cripes, on 4 straight pitches he walks the pitcher to walk in a run. I'm done.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

If Manny walks the pitcher to walk in a run I'm probably not going to watch or listen to another Brewer game the rest of the year. I'm so frustrated with the pitching.
http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Wow. Can this season end already?

(The way a relaxed Cards team pummeled the Reds today makes me think we might've seen the last Brewers' win of the season already.)

This is like the Manny at the beginning of the year all over again, can't find the zone to save his life.

A horrible inning to say the least. Manny Parra's control sure makes Yo look that much better, even with his pitch count problems, doesent it?

Parra seems to just lose it and today is another example of the Brewers having to pay for it. Damn

These are the types of games that hurt to watch. The at-bats get bad, because the team appears to have given up. And the camera often turns to Macha, who looks as clueless in this type of game as in a game where the Brewers are winning 5-0. It hurts me as a 29 year old lifelong Brewer fan. And it tends to ruin my afternoon!

To be a friend to the friendless here, he walked him in on six pitches.
I cringed as I heard Cory utter the now-dreaded "one strike away" phrase.

5 Ks and 5 BBs. Plus Cory just said this reminded him of an early spring training game. Until he described the weather in Colorado, I was certain he meant the quality of the pitching.

Slightly related to weekday distractions from the Brewers: 2009 is my first year as a Gameday Audio subscriber. Is there an archive I can listen to in the off-season? Would I be limited to listening to 2009 archived games? (because if not, I might otherwise dredge up some of the happier 2008 games)
I have MLB.tv, and the subsription allows me to view or hear anything in their archive going back to 04 or 05. I imagine Gameday Audio would be the same with the archive. I don't remember when the subscription runs out; end of baseball, the end of the year, or at the start of spring training.

I'd post about this game, but there is nothing I can say without getting a ban.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I like the idea of Bethoven and Golden Girls as long as it's not overdone. Sounds kind of funny. They probably play it during the opposing teams at bats? Sounds better than the hard rock ala nickleback, creed (whatever) that is already overdone at half the stadiums in mlb and now the minor leagues too.

To be fair to Manny (and McClung for that matter) this strike zone has been a joke all day. Seriously, they're replaying the game at 7 tonight. For those who aren't watching, watch it tonight for a few innings and get a look at the strike zone. It will make you feel better about all the walks.

Archived