Brewer Fanatic

End of season grades

LouisEly
Haudricort gave Looper a C+. After all he got all those wins!

I tend to give Looper a little extra credit for being the only Brewers starting pitcher to take the mound every 5th day, especially considering he played through an injury that he would have felt with every pitch delivery. I think it's safe to say that TH did likewise.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a problem with giving Looper a little extra credit for durability. I'm even willing to defend the guy as a prototypical 5th starter. But, come on, guys that pitch like 5th starters are below average to begin with. A flat C would be generous.

Sometimes I wonder if the Journal-Sentinel writers have any idea what average is. Or means.

That B- for the offense just blows my mind as well. It's like they're grading on style.

Robert

Is Mike Cameron the most consistent hitter in baseball?

Since 1999 his OPS has never been lower than .759 or higher than .837

In that stretch, if you take out his .759OPS in 2007, every other year, his OPS is a near lock to be in between about .775 - .825 give or take a few percentage points.

http://www.drivelinemechanics.com/2009/10/13/1082419/2009-catcher-defense-filling-in

Thought people might find this article interesting. Shows that Kendall was overall the 105th most valuable C in baseball last year. Granted it would be more useful if they assigned value vs playtime in which case he wouldn't look quite as bad. Still his defense actually ranked as a negative and I can't really buy that his game calling is helping the pitchers. Rivera came out positive in overall defense.

Is Mike Cameron the most consistent hitter in baseball?

Since 1999 his OPS has never been lower than .759 or higher than .837

In that stretch, if you take out his .759OPS in 2007, every other year, his OPS is a near lock to be in between about .775 - .825 give or take a few percentage points.

You know why this might be? He strikes out so much that him not putting the ball in play means BABIP has a lesser effect on him.

Archived