Brewer Fanatic

2009-09-26 Phillies (Kendrick) at Brewers (Looper) : 6:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 7-5]

hawing

I'll start this now to make sure something gets started.

Braden, you've set the club record for HRs served up in a season. You can't un-set it, so just relax and pitch. Who knows, you might take the lead in winning decisions.

I'll post our Fan Appreciation Night winnings later this evening. Fingers crossed. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Counsell starts over Gamel again at 3b:

Brewers

2B Felipe Lopez

3B Craig Counsell

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

CF Jody Gerut

RF Corey Hart

SS J.J. Hardy

C Jason Kendall

RHP Braden Looper

Phillies

SS Jimmy Rollins

CF Shane Victorino

2B Chase Utley

1B Ryan Howard

RF Jayson Werth

LF Raul Ibanez

3B Pedro Feliz

C Paul Bako

RHP Kyle Kendrick

Can't think of a better way for Ryan to finally break through and hit #30. I'm glad this team is still showing some signs of life...it would've been easy to quit after they were down 4-0 early again, but they hung in there.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

WOW !!!

Games like this make you sad that Brewers season is coming to an end.

Amen to that. I don't want anyone to see me walking out of the park tomorrow, probably getting verklempt because it's the last game for six months-plus.

But tonight, that was cool. Ryan looked relieved as he rounded the bases. What I enjoyed about the 9th inning was the confident feeling I had that the Brewers would prevail, and very possibly on a walkoff. It was just a matter of who would come through.

I'll give sgtcluels props for calling the two Looper-served home runs, but heck if I know how the Brewers so often have managed to overcome them.

Also - tonight was the second consecutive Fan Appreciation Night which ended with a Ryan Braun walkoff. That's an interesting special talent to have. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I won't keep bf.net nation in suspense any longer. We were once again robbed of a fabulous prize. Robbed!

Actually, while on the concourse mid-game, I noticed that Coshun was in the booth with Mark A and Rock. But yeah, the sound either wasn't on or wasn't audible.

Coshun didn't suck when he was doing the channel 15 sports in Madison back in the day. That was last century, though.

Community Moderator
Had the Brewers managed to win 5 more games this year (which likely would have happened if Weeks and Bush didn't get injured), that bomb by Braun would have been yet another huge HR in the middle of a Wild Card chase.

Archived