Brewer Fanatic

2009-09-23 Cubs (Samardzija) at Brewers (Narveson) : 7:05 PM [Brewers win, 3-2]

hawing

I'm trying to shake the notion that this is the "let's throw a guy against the wall and see if he sticks" pitching matchup.

Still, all Chris has to do is go 2 innings without completely falling apart, and he's topped Loop and Bush this series.

Home team lineup, per JSOnline:

2B Felipe Lopez

RF Jody Gerut

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

3B Casey McGehee

CF Mike Cameron

C Jason Kendall

SS Alcides Escobar

LHP Chris Narveson

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Yeah, great start by Narveson! Actually with 10 games to go he should get two more starts. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't? If he can keep it up then yes he is at least putting himself into consideration for the #5 spot next year. one thing I don't understand is why we would re-sign Looper... And how about Gerut? I see that Gerut thread heating up towards the end of the season if he keeps it up.

Yaaaaaay.

Figures, this was the one game in the series when we had something else going. But the W is good, and based on the comments here, I'll tip my cap to Chris Narveson.

And Chris gets pied during the Telly interview, but keeps his cool. Nice.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Nice to see some of that promise that made Narveson one of the better pitching prospects in the Cards' system a few years ago. I'd like to see him get a fair shot for a #5 starting job during Spring Training if he keeps this up.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Narveson looked shocked when he was taken out of the game. What a performance.

I wondered if Macha did it just to be sure he got a standing ovation for his performance honestly.

Thanks for the game thread hawing. I intentionally didn't start this one because most of my IGTs seem to result in losses lately, and I didn't want to attend another blowout!

Archived