Brewer Fanatic

2009-09-18 Astros (Norris) at Brewers (Narveson) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 3-2]

hawing

Ah, geez, no one was available to start an IGT, or even missed it? My last chance at the computer before leaving work early Friday was like 2:00, which seemed a bit early to start the thread.

Well, I was at the game and enjoyed it. One of my student employees, a Mets fan from New Jersey who had never been to a MLB ballpark outside New York, joined us and saw a nice game: good weather (roof open), adequate pitching and offense (if not a ton of the latter) and Trevor Time. I'm going to try to get her to rank the Brewers second to the Mets.

Corey Hart finally broke away from country walkup music, but heck if I know what the new song is. Prince also wasn't using that Prote-J song written for him (which I actually now miss a bit). J.J. needs to change up his music. (If I'm going to provide 100% of the IGT content, we'll talk about what I want to talk about. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif )

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Wasn't able to watch the game live last night, but it looks like Narveson was at least solid, which is what the Brewers need from him to close out the year. It would be nice to see guys like Narveson and Butler step in and contribute with solid starts to end the year, which would at least make the pitching situation interesting during Spring Training next year. Looking at the box score, I got a kick out of seeing Felipe Lopez with a 1-for-1 night, drawing 3 walks. It's sure nice having that at the top of the order.

The Cubs lost to St. Louis, so while the Brewers' elimination number shrinks to two, they still have a pretty decent shot of still getting to .500 and at least beating the Cubs out for 2nd place. I couldn't even imagine the hysteria in Chicago if the Cubs went into this season as division favorites (and possible World Series hopefuls), only to finish third behind the Cardinals and a Brewers team that hasn't been able to pitch since May or June.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Maybe we were all at the game to get our $50 Maytag coupons? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Oh, I didn't get that promotion at all. (Gift card for $50 toward a Maytag product at Appliance World, three Milwaukee area locations)

We went up to the terrace level guest relations to redeem the designated driver thing and this woman was moaning about how she'd somehow gotten in without receiving the gift card - why she would go upstairs to complain about it when there were 40,000 cards on the field level, I don't know. I offered her mine, since we don't live near enough to Milwaukee to justify shopping for major appliances there. She said thanks, then added, "But we each wanted one!" Ma'am, if you all came in and somehow missed the gift cards, I cannot help you.

Incidentally, upon noticing the promotion a few days ago, I googled Appliance World in Milwaukee. Their reviews were pretty uneven.

We were entertained by the Maytag man hanging around on the field before the game, then surprised when he sang the national anthem - quite beautifully.

More weirdness (because I feel like this is my IGT): the night before this game I had some Brewers-related dream, the content of which I don't remember - but when I woke up my first thought was to check the terrace level fan zone Friday night, to see if the Alex Zumwalt game-worn spring training jersey was still available. It was. I didn't buy it, though. Maybe Sunday.

I saw that jersey (or one like it) when I visited this summer. His aunt lives here in Kingman, AZ and is a realtor. Maybe I could buy it and then get a discount on my next house?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

The "game used" rack in the terrace level store has had largely the same contents all season. The jerseys of most "value" were probably purchased early on. I believe the prices for those jerseys were reduced from $100 to $75; I'll try to remember to recheck on Sunday.

Archived