Brewer Fanatic

Gross to Triple A, Spurling Activated

Giraldo8
Moliterfan, I understand Gross is a lefty but they way you are stating is due to that face he'll make an impact. As far as I'm concerned, his .202 BA is not very appealing when you have a hot hitter in Graffy at the moment. I would have rather had Graffy in that situation over Gross. So to me that was a good call by Ned. He generally picks his favorites vs. the individual who is playing better. And in this circumstance, Graffy is playing way better.

Gross has become to much of a bang or bust hitter. He will hit a towering home run in one AB and then strike out the next 3. When he pinch hits at the end of games like he does many times he is a strike out victim. He is truly the 25th man on this roster so why not send him down.

Gross put together a decent 2006 but other than that his MLB career has been nothing special. Even looking at his splits in 2005 he didn't dominate RH pitching, with a .337 OBP and .707 OBP. His 2006 success is sandwiched between a not impressive 2004, not impressive 2005, and a disappointing 2007. He has small sample of being good and small but slightly larger sample of being pretty pedestrian and other than last year his HR numbers haven't been that strong either in the major or minors.

Gwynn has put up a .350 OBP vs. LH or RH pitching this year, Goss is at .319 vs. RH pitching this year. Gross adds more power than Gwynn (who doesn't?) but Gwynn provides the defense sub, especially if Graffy is going to get OF playing time.

I don't think the Brewers future hinges on Gwynn vs. Gross, both of which are 5th OF's. I guess I am trying to say Gwynn brings some things to the table and it is not like losing Gross is giving up all that much. So either way I hope we dont' have to count on our 25th man to spark the Brewers offense because I don't think either one is going to do it.

Gabe's measured comments about getting a chance to play everyday from someone and his confidence that he'd do well April-October lead me to believe he's on the trade wire with management. Not a Cappy the Younger snit- just a recognition that his short-term future is probably elsewhere. I don't see them trading Gwynn. Now if Jenkins were moved,...

Gabe's measured comments about getting a chance to play everyday from someone and his confidence that he'd do well April-October lead me to believe he's on the trade wire with management.

His comments seemed pretty generic to me. He said about what any player in his position would say.

I don't see them trading Gwynn.

Gwynn doesn't have a position to start at in Milwaukee for the foreseeable future. If another team saw him as a starter and offered Melvin something decent in a trade, I can't see him saying no.

Archived