Brewer Fanatic

My Wrigley Field Experience

BREWCREW5
I think this is a case where you have to set the rivalry aside and admit that Wrigley Field is a cool place. When I was growing up my dad used to drive us down there once a summer to see a game. This was mostly in the 80's and early 90's before the Brewers joined the NL, so I actually haven't seen a Brewer game there yet, so I would see Grace, Sandburg, then Grace play against the likes of Strawberry, Gooden, Bonds the Pirate, and saw Maddux in his prime once. I loved it, the scoreboard, the Ivy, the brick walls, etc. I have so many great photos from Wrigley. I have been to a lot of baseball stadiums. When the retrofit stadiums started coming around I thought Camden Yards and then Jacobs Field were way cool but now that I've seen every bank sponsored park on the East Coast I have grown pretty tired of the homogenized feel of all these new places. Also Wrigley is in a fun neighborhood so it was fun to go shopping after the game or for Chicago Pizza and last time I was old enough went to some bars and it was fun. It's better location than being surrounded by a massive parking lot in my opinion. The only stadium I would say I like better is Fenway.

Archived