Brewer Fanatic

My Wrigley Field Experience

BREWCREW5

I have never seen a game at Wrigley Field. My father in law bought us some tickets for the Sept. 17 day game, Brewers vs. Cubs.

I have to admit, the place is pretty cool to watch a ballgame. One thing that was truely amazing to me...just how many Brewers fans there was there. There were alot! And they were loud. It wasnt 50/50 like games at Miller Park, but it was easily 80/20 cub fans.

Urinating in the bathrooms is a "different" experince. I also have to say, the cub fans were good to me. No one even said anything to me. It was a good day there.

I am surprised by most of what you wrote, seriously. I'm glad I've seen it, and seen a game there, but, I'm no hurry to get back.

Not that they ever would, or need to, but I think they should tear down everything but the bleachers and rebuild. All the "history" of the ballpark is in the ivy, scoreboard, and rooftops which would stay. I don't think there should be too much of a stink if they tear down the grandstands and rebuild.

I've been to Wrigley a couple of times, and overall, I'm not that impressed. Although I was impressed the last time we went down because our Bud rep got us into their suite. Which pains me to say, but the suites at Wrigley are a lot better than Miller Park. Overall I'd have to say that Wrigley is a dump though.

I also have to say, the cub fans were good to me. No one even said anything to me. It was a good day there.
I was at the game too and I agree with this. Cubs fans were pretty decent. I expected it to be alot worse but they kept to themselves. I think the Cubs fan get a bad rap by the drunken frat boys that they attract.

Probably helped that we're both out of the race.
Bingo. I have been to games that actually did mean something and it was a different story. Not just the frat boy types that were rude either. As with any crowd I am sure there are some good and some bad, the good were far and few between in my exerience. I was not wowed by the "mystique" either. Falling apart and dingy as I recall.

I also have to say, the cub fans were good to me.

I usually make it to one Brewer-Cub game at Wrigley each year and I have to agree with this as well. The Cub fans at Wrigley on average are much friendlier than the average Cub fan that makes its lowly way up to Miller Park. I think a lot come up just to stir up trouble and it doesn't help that they don't know how to tailgate without getting trashed.

I was at the game too and I agree with this. Cubs fans were pretty decent. I expected it to be alot worse but they kept to themselves. I think the Cubs fan get a bad rap by the drunken frat boys that they attract.

That's a good point. I think a lot of the 'bad eggs' come to Miller Park because of it's location/affordability. I would also bet that some of the rube Cub fans stirring up trouble at Miller Park are from Wisconsin.

Urinating in the bathrooms is a "different" experince.
I was in 415, and the men's room was right behind me. When i went in, they had a sign that said "SINK"(as the sink and the Urinals are basically the same thing), so people wouldn't urinate in it. Extremely funny, because they wouldn't put the sign up if they didn't need it.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I've been there 4 times, and I have never had a problem with any Cubs fans, even afterwords at some of the bars. That being said, the stadium is a piece of crap. I actually got lost trying to find the bathroom the first time I went there. The beer vendors weren't around much either.

I liked my experience there in July. It's a pain to get to, but I really like how it's just on a block in the city (as opposed to Miller Park, which is completely separated from all other buildings). That makes Wrigley almost have a feel like Camp Randall or Lambeau (not from the stadium itself, but just the fact that there are houses/apartments right across the street). I agree that the stadium is dumpy. Support beams take away part of the view for pretty much any 200-level seat, unless you're in like the first 5 rows. Support beams also get in the way of many 500-level seats there.

On the plus side, I also was treated very well there. After the game when DiFelice (?) threw the strike that was called a ball and that resulted in a walk-off walk, 2 separate people said something to me along the lines of, "Boy, you'll never see a cheaper win than that one." I sat in 3 separate areas of the stadium for the 3 games I was there, and I saw a total of one obnoxious Cubs' fan looking to start a fight.

I'm thinking that theory is correct. It seems like the people who come to Miller Park are there not to cheer the Cubs, but many are there to boo the Brewers or just generally make fools of themselves. I suspect the way this season has gone may have mellowed out some of the more boisterous Cubs fans, too.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Yeah Brewcrew5. That's the running theory on both Cub fan sites and Brewer fan sites. Slowly the good Cub fans stopped coming to MP and we were left with the jerk fight starters. That started chasing away the good Brewer fans and then we were left with just the jerks and it sucks.

I was at the same game. I was looking to get yelled at and ridiculed, but there was nothing. Suppose when your team just gave up a granny to Jody Gerut you lose the ambition to trash talk.

All around a positive experience, and tons of Brewers fans.

Archived