Brewer Fanatic

Cheap Brewer tickets

Patrick425

Not sure if this should be posted in the Trading Post forum. I'm not really looking to buy or sell, this is just informational people looking to attend some of the final home games for cheap.

I was looking through listings on Stub Hub and there are several Terrace Reserve seats listed for $1 or less for all the remaining Brewer Games. You could basically go to all 10 of the remaining Brewer games for a total of less than $10. These are "instant tickets" as well. So, you print them off right on your PC.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I use http://www.fansnap.com/team/milwaukee-brewers/events which scans bunches of online ticket sales sites.

I love it.

And... if I were in town, I'd be going to every game I could. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Without a doubt, I'd much rather attend games now for $1-5 than games in June for $10-15. As many of us long for the days of County Stadium and walking up at 7 and paying $8 for a prime seat, and no sign of the people who wonder why they don't pitch out when the runner keeps going on 3-2 pitches.

Isn't there some bogus convenience fee that will make it more like $30.
You're correct. I was not aware of this. I have only used Stub Hub as a seller and not a buyer. It wouldn't make a $1 ticket $30, but would make it at least $11 depending on what delivery option you selected (not sure why they charge for electronic delivery). The one nice thing about Stub Hub is that they have an agreement with MLB, so they can offer electronic delivery of tickets and pretty much guarantee that you will get what you paid for.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

IOW, if you enjoy torture, you can get it for cheap.

If you have the time to wade through it craigslist is probably a better deal, as there are no fees added on. I've not looked in a while, since I've had no interest in going to the ballpark in the last couple of months.

Invader3K[/b]]I like Stubhub for selling my tickets, but the thing is they take a cut on both ends...they charge the seller a commission on the sale price, and they also charge the buyer a "convenience fee". Pretty ingenious racket.
It has been worth the costs for me. I have bought and sold and StubHub is getting money on both ends good for them, seems like a good business model. You are paying for convenience/ease (which it is) and protection form bogus tix (getting the exact seats you bought, FanProtect Guarantee). So if 15% from the seller and 10% from the buyer is what they need to keep this legit, it still seems like a pretty good deal to me.

If anyone wants to just show up at a game, you could probably find someone who will just give you their tickets.... If not, they will be very cheap.... worst case you could buy from the scalpers for next to nothing..... I have my terrace season tickets but may talk to the scalpers for a couple games just to pick up some loge/field level seats for $5 each or so.

On a total side note, Wisconsin Badger football tickets are also very, very cheap right now.... I picked up a pair of regular (non-student) tickets last Saturday at about 9:30 am for $10 each. Face value was $39 each. There were tickets available everywhere. With a game against Wofford this weekend, tickets might be even more readily available than they were against Fresno State.

Tickets for the Cubs series can be had for as cheap as 50 cents each. I think I'll have to pounce on that offer. It's also a great place to pick up dirt-cheap Bucks tickets once the season starts.

I have only used Stub Hub as a seller and not a buyer. It wouldn't make a $1 ticket $30, but would make it at least $11 depending on what delivery option you selected.

I use StubHub to occasionally buy Packers and Blackhawks tickets. I also used them to buy tickets for the Red Sox series last season. It's easier and safer than using Craigslist, and it gives you a great indication of what the market value of a ticket is for pretty much any event. They're the only secondary market broker I would ever use.

Tonight, got to the game late (parked in a surprisingly close spot on the street around 7:15) and had 3 extra tickets to unload. Gave one to some guy near the ticket window. Then, I wandered ovewr toward the resale area to see if there was anyone who'd want a free pair who wasn't a scalper. Well, a scalper asked what I had, and I told him 2 in 417. He didn't want them, but he then asked if I was by myself, handed me a ticket, and told me to go have fun. He actually gave me a ticket in section 123 row 11.

Point is, there are clearly deals to be had (tonight - my 3 extras for free, plus the good one I got for free, in addition to many more). This was a single ticket at about 7:30pm, but even still I thought I'd see pigs fly before I ever received a ticket as a gift from a scalper.

Seems like it's always the same three or four guys in the resale area. Which reminds me of a story only slightly off topic:

A few weeks back, my wife and I had four tickets to our usual seats in the loge level. This was a Saturday night game, and we were unable to find anyone else to come with. I figured I would sell the two extras to one of the dudes in the resale area, like I've done in the past. Well, it was a slow night, and the most one guy would give me was $20 for the pair. Face value on these is over $35.00 each. I said I wanted $30.00 for the pair. Waited around for a while, and no one was buying at all. So the wife and I started to walk away and the guy is like "Aren't you going to sell me your tickets?" I said "I'd rather give them away for free than sell them to you for $20.00." Ended up running into another "reseller" who traded us two club level tickets right behind home plate and threw us an extra $20.00 for our four loge tickets. Made for a fun night, as we had never sat in the club level before.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived