Brewer Fanatic

2010 schedule (released 9/15)

hawing

The press release is now available at brewers.com. I'm using a different workstation and for some reason it is not letting me linkify text, so here is the URL:

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090915&content_id=6973458&vkey=news_mil&fext=.jsp&c_id=mil

They've dubbed 2010 the 40th anniversary season. "Is it April yet?" will translate into Monday, April 5, when the Brewers host Colorado to start the season.
Another potential highlight, for this site at least: the Brewers host Seattle June 26-28. May the Muscle still be on the roster!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

In Interleague action, Milwaukee will host the Texas Rangers (June 11 - 13), as well as the Minnesota Twins (June 22 - 24) and the Seattle Mariners (June 25 - 27). The Brewers road action against the American League will include stops in Minnesota (May 21 - 23) and Los Angeles of Anaheim (June 14 - 16).

The Brewers will have two, nine-game homestands on the 2010 slate. The first, June 22 - 30, will include three-game sets with Minnesota, Seattle and Houston. The second, August 20 - 29, will include three game sets with San Diego, Los Angeles and Pittsburgh.

The only Brewers home game on a holiday in 2010 will be Labor Day, Monday, September 6, when the St. Louis Cardinals visit Milwaukee. Marquee games for the 2010 season include Opening Day, June 8 - 10 vs. Chicago-NL, June 22 - 24 vs. Minnesota and September 10 - 12 vs. Chicago-NL.

In addition, the Brewers announced two exhibition games to be played at Miller Park. The Brewers will face Detroit on Friday, April 2 at 7:10 p.m. and again on Saturday, April 3 at 1:10 p.m.

Home game times have been changed slightly for the 2010 season, with all games at Miller Park scheduled for first pitch at 10 minutes past the hour. Weekday night games will begin at 7:10 p.m. while weekday day games will start at 12:10 p.m. in April and May (excluding Opening Day) and 1:10 p.m. in June, July, August and September. Saturday games will start at 6:10 p.m. All Sunday home games are scheduled to start at 1:10 p.m.

They have an off day on my birthday. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Surprised we get the Mariners at home and the Angels on the road. I don't think we've ever gone to Seattle for interleague play and I don't think Los Angeles has ever come here. A little disappointed that the A's aren't on our interleague schedule. I don't remember the last time we played them.

-Looks like we're playing in the Wrigley Field home opener on Monday, April 12.

-There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the interleague schedule. In 2004, we hosted Seattle and played in Anaheim. Same thing this year. I would have loved to see the Brewers play in Seattle.

-Two series in Colorado, too.

Yeah, trwi7, we've never visited Seattle or the Yankees in interleague play. After the Rangers visit, the only AL teams to not visit Miller Park will have been Tampa Bay and Oakland. We last played in Oakland in 2002.

Yeah, my primary selfish disappointments are no series in Oakland and I was hoping they'd play up in Seattle; that would have been a nice Brewers Weekend trip. I also wish the Anaheim series was on a weekend since I haven't been to any games there before and would've enjoyed checking it out.

Well, this season has taught me not to make judgments about peformance based on schedule, but it looks like they could get a nice start in April again next season, and September appears to be a mixed bag. They get a nice stretch out of the All-Star break, and there don't appear to be as many gauntlets this season like this September appeared (or appears). June looks pretty tough.

Good news...6 local games next year in LA & OC. Bad news...during the week and during my kid's school year. Oh well, she can be tired for a day...and so can Dad!!!
I was just thinking... 81 local games next year in Milwaukee! My first reaction was to suggest the annual road trip take us to Anaheim of Los Angeles of Orange County, but I don't think we would play well with Angels fans. We keep it too real. I am going to go with the new stadium trip to the Twin Cities recommendation.

Good news...6 local games next year in LA & OC. Bad news...during the week and during my kid's school year. Oh well, she can be tired for a day...and so can Dad!!!
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, here we come!

http://carpefactum.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/10/20/grilled_cheese.jpg

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Another potential highlight, for this site at least: the Brewers host Seattle June 26-28. May the Muscle still be on the roster!

...and Bill Hall.

Fixed for you Hawing http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I was going to let you post the Bill Hall props, bensheeps. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Indeed, I can already predict my wardrobe choice for the Seattle series, and bensheeps' as well.

Where am I missing the exhibition games? (though I'm pleased that they return for 2010)

I am enough of a dork - either that, or I'm so eager for a distraction from watching the cubs and my least favorite of their pitchers - that I found a few discrepancies between the month-by-month 2010 schedule and the .pdf 'printable' schedule on the Brewers' website.

Monday, May 31 is an off day on the printable schedule, but is the first of a four-game set with FLA on the month-by-month schedule.

The LAA series is Monday-Wednesday, June 14-16, on the printable schedule, but Tuesday-Thursday, June 15-17 on the month-by-month schedule.

The season ending game (Sunday, October 3 vs. CIN) is not included on the printable schedule.

The thing that caught my eye was that there are only 14 games with CIN, which seems odd since there are 15 games with CHC, STL and HOU (18 with PIT).

I guess that's why they add the disclaimer, "Game dates and times subject to change."

P.S. Any Brewers employees who read this post: I will proofread for your organization! Send me a private message.

Archived