Brewer Fanatic

MLB Celebrity Golf Weekend!

SZBrewerFan

My company, Sterling Golf Services, has teamed up with former Giant and Brave Pitcher Russ Ortiz, and the Ortiz Family Foundation, to offer the first annual "Deal em Out & Tee em Up!" golf outing. This celebrity Vegas getaway is presented by the Ortiz Family Foundation and all proceeds will go to benefit the following charities:

· Best Buddies or Arizona

· Best Buddies of Southern Nevada

· MLB Alumni Association(and their chosen charities)

· Ortiz Family Foundation

Enjoy 3 days / 2 nights of poker and golf with some of your favorite MLB celebrities. Package to include airfare, accommodations at the luxurious Ritz Carlton Lake Las Vegas, meals, a No-Limit Poker Tournament with the celebrities Monday night, and an 18-hole golf tournament with the celebrities on Tuesday at Rio Secco Golf Club. Play Rio Secco 7 days before the PGA's Wendy's Three Tour Challenge hits the course! This is a very exclusive event and is limited to the first 72 participants. The event will take place November 2 and 3 and celebrities scheduled to take part include the following:

• Russ Ortiz (San Francisco, Atlanta, Arizona, Baltimore, Houston)
  • Adrian Gonzalez (San Diego Padres)
  • Greg Maddux (Atlanta Braves, Chicago Cubs, LA Dodgers, San Diego)
  • Brett Butler (Cleveland, S.F. LA Dodgers, Atlanta)
  • Kenny Lofton (Cleveland, Atlanta, NY Yankees)
  • Chili Davis (San Francisco, LAA Angels, Minnesota, Kansas City, NY Yankees)
  • Maury Wills (LA Dodgers)
  • Carlos Lee (Chicago White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers, Houston Astros)
  • Jeremy Roenick (Chicago, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Jose)
  • Steve Rodgers
  • Gaylord Perry (San Francisco, Cleveland, Texas, San Diego)
  • Gar Ryness (Batting Stance Guy!)
  • Mike Myers (Detroit, Milwaukee, Colorado, Arizona, Boston, NY Yankees)
  • Michael Finny - Comedian (will do a 20-30 minute stand up during dinner)
  • Plus many more!

For more information please contact Kellie Green at KellieGreen@ortizfamilyfoundation.com or (602) 518-1287

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Sorry I don't often check the Off-Topic board (Brian thank you again for pining this to the top but you can undo it if you would like!). The event was very nice. Kenny Lofton won the poker event and Russ's team won the golf event. He got a lot of "stuff" from the boys for winning his own event. The accommodations at the Ritz Carlton were fantastic and Rio Secco was in great shape just days before hosting the Wendy's 3-Tour Challenge. I was lucky enough to play in the event as well as helping to plan it and the celebrity in my group was Gar Ryness (aka Batting Stance Guy). He is a really cool guy and was a blast to play with. We talked early on, but I didn't want to just immediately ask him to start rattling off Brewers. On our third hole I rolled in a 15 footer for Birdie and I looked at him and said...."all right man now I need me some Ryan Braun!" His impression is just perfect. Overall it was a great event. If they do it again next year (still up in the air) they will stat planning it much earlier (late January/February) and I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for asking BrewersSC and Brian thanks again for allowing us to publicize the event here!

Steve

Archived