Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 6

BrewCrewForever
Last night's episode was definitely a good one. I like the fact they featured Erin a bit more. Dwight's "in an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand so my right hand could just be a fist for punching" quote was awesome.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The whole framing Jim thing was a little weird; but there were a couple of off-camera Dwight quotes during the times when everyone was talking at once that were great. You just knew it was him either being artificially encouraging or critical to get things moving in "the right direction". His Toby imitation was priceless. It was Dwight's best episode in a while.

I think Andy is the show's most hit and miss character. When he's funny, he's really funny. In this episode, especially in the opening scene "baby talk", he was painfully unfunny.

This episode made me realize how much I really miss Jim's innocent messing with Dwight. The whole plot against Jim thing could turn out to be great, but so far it's making me really dislike Dwight.

The whole "Jim is incompetent" angle is bothering me because it's annoyingly out of character. Why would Jim just take Dwight's numbers and run with it?

It made no sense. And the fact that Jim didn't even try to explain the situation (lot's of "ummm, ahhh , no!") is SUCH a comedy sitcom cliche.

Also, Michael promising something he couldn't possibly deliver on is just so tired. You knew exactly what was going to happen, with no surprises. Seems like they have one episode a year with that template.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Meh.

Erin is hot.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Best of the year by far, and best X-Mas episode since Yankee Swap. The end of the cold opening when Dwight uttered his "this has been a successful unveiling" line just had me in stitches. Consistently funny from start to finish. Good job, Mindy Kaling.

Best episode of the season in my opinion.
maybe, but that's sure not saying much. the show now is just a soap opera with a couple of funny lines.

pretty sure the only relationship storylines they have yet to plunder is Creed hooking up with Oscar.

maybe the Jim/Pam wedding will be this show's Jump the Shark moment.

it's sad that Andy is now the funniest person on that show. and everything i used to like about Jim is now gone.

It's all just recycled gags to me. Yeh, let's just tell Michael confidential information. He won't tell anyone. This characters are not developing. They've become caricatures of themselves.
Telling Michael confidential information meant nothing to David Wallace. He was out no matter what. I don't think it's that big of a sin considering the context.

I thought this was the one episode of recent times that they toned down the caricatures of the main characters, save for Michael. (But his sarcastic Jesus bit on the karaoke mic was well worth it.) Dwight was his vintage self, not the evil genius cartoon character he's been since Jim got promoted, although he noted in a talking head that he'll be back to being a jerk after the holiday. Jim was back to being witty ("I think we covered that Creed. Lump of coal.") and competent (not completely bungling the Phyllis as Santa situation) and his interaction with Dwight as part of the PPC was a welcome callback.

Lots of great one-liners in this episode and a Bob Vance cameo.... what's not to love?

Also, don't know if anyone caught Community last night, but the bully was awesomely played by Anthony Michael Hall. I didn't recognize him at all. The beginning of the fight scene was absolutely hilarious, by the way.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The part with Michael as JC on the microphone cracked me up.

I swore he was going to go into a Jim Jones type rant there "Mother, mother, mother.....". Look up Jonestown Massacre on Google if you don't get the reference - although I suppose it wouldn't have been that funny since it was a massacre.

Anyway, pretty decent episode but I do agree with Russ - it seems like they recycle a LOT of old jokes on that show.

I don't get the Erin is hot thing. Not seeing it. She's not ugly....but hot?
I like 'em young and innocent.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I don't get the Erin is hot thing. Not seeing it. She's not ugly....but hot?
hotter than Pam by a mile. though i'd go with "cute" over "hot", and cute is fairly subjective.

"hotter", "cuter", "prettier", etc than Pam? No way.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived