Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 6

BrewCrewForever

Dwight using the microwave, the bicycle, the books, and whatever else he used was hilarious.

Oh, and Bryan Gumball.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creed talking about getting $3 from "Darnell" to do a throat-slashing gesture to Andy. Great stuff. "I have done many things for much less."
Yeah, that had me laughing pretty hard. I love how Creed always screws up his co-workers names. It's a good running joke.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I think it's hilarious Michael broke up with his girlfriend via text message. Classic Michael, as he's done that before and obviously learned nothing.

Is there something wrong with that? I jmean, its more personal and private than a Facebook wall post.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The great thing about breaking up via text was that he was talking about how mature he was at the exact same moment she was reading the text.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The great thing about breaking up via text was that he was talking about how mature he was at the exact same moment she was reading the text.
Maybe it's because I'm young and used to texting being a common way to communicate but I didn't think it was that big of a deal. It was a quick relationship and I don't think he wanted to deal with her face to face since they both knew what they were doing was wrong.

• 1 month later...

I apologize for resurrecting this thread but Steve Carell has said he's leaving the Office in May when his contract runs out:

One of TV's best comedic actors of all time has just confirmed to us that he is indeed leaving The Office this May—argh!—and get this, seems to think no one will care...

E! News hit the red carpet for Steve's new movie Despicable Me last night, and Steve made it clear he was not joking when he told BBC Radio he would leave The Office after the coming 2010-2011 season.

"I just think it's time," Steve told our Kristina Guerrero. "I want to fulfill my contract. When I first signed on I had a contract for seven seasons, and this coming year is my seventh. I just thought it was time for my character to go."

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/ub...aving.html#ixzz0sBg4ANat

Kind of disappointing to hear as Michael Scott is one of my favorite characters on TV. I don't know how I'd feel about the showing going on without him. I'd be interested to see how it would play out, but it just wouldn't be the same.
I agree. This could be a good thing, though. They now have an entire season to wrap up Michael Scott. Having a definite direction should be very good for the show, which felt a little unsure of what to do with its characters last year (especially Michael).

could this also begin the wheels spinning for the show to end as well? I'd guess that it's gotta be around a 50-50 shot at best and a 20-80 shot at worst.

Pam and Jim married with a kid? Check off the Office bucket list

Michael leaves? Check also

Dwight and Angela having a baby? seems likely this season

This means the major characters have had their "destiny" on the show completed. Just have to finish off some minor story lines on the other minor characters and that's it.

I'll guess that they'll announce Carell is leaving the show and that The Office is done within a month of each other.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I think they'll spin off of it somehow. Maybe a mock reality show with Jim and Pam. Perhaps Dwight and the Beet farm. It is a successful program, may be too hard to let it die without trying to milk it. I love the show, feel it has run it's course, and hope they send it out with a bang.

I don't know, the writers on this show are good enough to come up with a new manager, story lines, etc. New manager could be David Wallace, Todd Packer, heck even Creed or Kevin. If Ryan can suddenly get the big corportae gig, virtually anyone could end up being the office manager in Scranton. They could always bring in a new actor, of course. But with all that said, might not be all bad to end the show after next season.

HOW IT PLAYS OUT: In this scenario, Lumbergh comes onboard and everyone quits by the end of the eighth season, giving the show it's final season-long plotline.

It obviously doesn't have to be Lumergh but to actually PLAN for the series to go only 1 more season after Micheal is kind of brilliant?

This is the best and worst thing to happen to the show. Michael's antics just hold it back, but without the big name I'm not sure they'll last long. I'd love to see them try though.

Do you really think the big name is drawing fans in? I honestly have not watched the show much over the last year. I think they have been spinning their wheels for quite a while.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I think Ricky Gervais coming in to play David Brent would be fantastic, but I doubt he would do it. I just can't see him playing that character on an American show and I am not sure enough people who watch and are fans of the US version know who he is.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Sabre.

I don't think Gervais would be a good fit. I think most people know who he is now from his movie appearances and such ("The Invention of Lying"). I definitely don't think it would work if he played the same character from the UK series. I just don't think that style of humor would work at all with the US version.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think I would prefer for the series to just end when Carell leaves but if they kept the show going I think it would be best to just have someone promoted within and maybe add 1 or 2 new minor characters. Dwight taking over could probably lead to some really funny episodes if done right.

I think I would prefer for the series to just end when Carell leaves but if they kept the show going I think it would be best to just have someone promoted within and maybe add 1 or 2 new minor characters. Dwight taking over could probably lead to some really funny episodes if done right.
Isn't that sort of how the UK series ended, with the Dwight equivalent ("Garreth") taking over? I could be wrong, as I haven't seen the whole series, but I seem to remember something along those lines.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived