Brewer Fanatic

The Office Season 6

BrewCrewForever

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jim/Pam stuff doesn't bother me as much. I guess it's a nice counter point to Michael's constant angst and current non-relationship with Holly (who I hope will be back in some form next year, because she was pretty funny too).

I know many hope Pam isn't really pregnant, but I can't see what else she would have found out from the doctor in that last episode. Maybe it will be a way to not have Pam around as much as maybe Jenna Fischer is doing more movies or something? (I have no idea if that is accurate, just speculation on my part).

Oh yeah, and the actress who plays the new receptionist is hilarious..Google her name and College Humor for a good laugh (NSFW, though).

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I actually hope that Jim and Pam are having a baby. I think it'd add a bit more to the show besides their romance. I'm not a huge fan of their romance, but I do think that's because Dwight's character has hurt due to his breakup with Angela. I think if Jim and Pam have a baby and Dwight is involved in some romance that would be fine...something also tells me that Dwight having a child at the same time with Angela right now would be hilarious.

To me, Dwight is to The Office what Frank Burns was to MASH, with Jim and Pam being "Hawkeye and Trapper" and constantly antagonizing him. I'll agree with logan. That is where some of the best humor on the show is for me. Take it a step further and Michael is kind of the "Colonel Blake" of the office.

I never really cared for MASH once Frank left and Charles Winchester replaced him and Colonel Blake was much better than Colonel Potter.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

We'll see how it pans out. I love the Office, but have started to get into 30 Rock. It seems like that show is on the increase as the Office is on the decline. But, those are the best two shows on regular television right now.

I think that new show with Chevy Chase has potential to be great, we'll see how it goes.

I think the Jim/Pam story wil be comedy gold this year. Think about it. Baby shower and/or wedding shower, bachelor party, wedding reception... They can do a lot with this. I mean...Creed and Kevin at a bachelor party...need I say more? They could also go in a funny direction with Pam's personality completely changing now that she's pregnant and married. Sweet Pam suddenly ordering Jim around...

I just think the writing and casting is too good for this show to jump the shark quite yet. I'm giving Community a shot too. Yet another show (like Park & Rec) that try to copy The Office, but it's worth a try.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I thought it was terrific. Didn't like how the Stanley plotline ended - felt like they couldn't come up with anything better and gave up. But other than that there were some really memorable lines.

"I think you have to have sex with a woman......and a man and then compare."

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I am most excited they now have a line of The Office bobbleheads. I totally want the Andy Bernard bobblehead to compliment my Dwight & Michael bobbles I have at work.

The episode tonight was alright. It had its moments.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I laughed at the intro, then didn't laugh again until the last 5 minutes of the show when they were finding out about all the rumors, as others previously posted. It was an okay episode but not non-stop laughs.

Same with Parks and Recreation.

Community was dumb. I'll give it a few more episodes and it's gone.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Liked the episode. Still bugs me how over-the-top and unrealistic Michael is, but that's been going on regularly since season 3 now.

I think Community has a lot of potential. Pilots usually suck and I found some parts funny.

Sunny was very good imo. Vic Vinegar and Hugh Honey. Those three that write (and act) the show are comedic geniuses.

thebruce44[/b]]1. Its Always Sunny

2. 30 Rock

3. The Office

I have high hopes for the new season, and think they could do well with the baby thing, but my expectations are down a little from past years.

I'm assuming you didn't list "Curb Your Enthusiasm" because it's in another realm of comedies so far above anything else currently on TV that it's beyond ranking.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

"Do you like tea more than mens' butts???" - Kevin

The "Andy questioning his sexuality" story line was funny, otherwise this episode seemed very contrived. Stanley having an affair is a big reach, even for this show. This episode was run-of-the-mill. Hoping for a bounce back next week.

I want to like Community, just not sure if it's going to stick with me. I'll give it another week or two.

I liked last night's episode more than most, I guess. Jim's suggestion of how Andy could figure out which was he goes had me in stitches.

"Community" was kind of a let down after all the hype. Chevy Chase seems to be playing a character that doesn't really fit him all that much, and all the other characters seemed really generic (other than the guy who kept cribbing from '80s movies, I guess). Maybe the next episodes will be better, because this show as it stands won't have me bothering to DVR it.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I found myself incredibly rapt by Jim & David's meeting in episode 2. Andy description of his cousin's email and his introduction of the cheese platter were both hilarious. Darryl's equal-size sister was awesome.

"I'll just have whatever's fanciest, unless there's ribs."

Archived