Brewer Fanatic

Brewers milestone thread (Prince breaks franchise record for RBI's in a season)

ELCABALLO45

In his first at bat against D-Backs SP Doug Davis, Ryan Braun hits a line drive over the right field fence for his 100th career home run in just his 3rd year.

This season may not of been as good as some hoped, but this is quite an accomplishment for Braun. Awesome that we locked him up long term, congrats Ryan!

EDIT: Braun's Milestone

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?topic_id=mil&c_id=mil

He was in quite a dry spell since hitting #99, I was hoping every game he would finally get 100. Last night after watching a movie with the wife turned on the game just in time to see it live. Congrats Ryan! If he stays healthy no doubt he should get to 500 for his career. Braun is the man!

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

More milestones today - Prince walked to set the club record for a season, Gallardo broke the 200K mark, and Braun got his 500th hit.
It was pretty sweet, I was there. I was hoping Fielder would have got the RBI today instead of last night. But still cool to see a few milestones.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

The Brewers had a nice little pregame ceremony today for Prince. The whole team (except bullpenners) came out as he was presented with a trophy. Coop came over to shake Prince's hand, too.
Yeah, that was pretty neat. Glad I was there to see it in person.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2451/3939043296_b6370d2ce7.jpg

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

• 2 weeks later...

Fielder leads the league in RBI's, Braun leads it in hits.

Hoffman finishes 3rd in saves, despite missing a month.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I hadn't realized this, but apparently Gallardo set the franchise record for strikeouts in a a season. Pretty impressive for a 23 year old in his first full season as a starter.
Ben Sheets has the team record with 264 in 2004. Maybe Gallardo's 204 were the best for someone under 25, or some other context like that... but a nice achievement nonetheless.

Nice way to end the season - both the team sweeping the Cardinals, and Fielder & Braun making late pushes to earn some NL & team season milestones.

To make matters worse, it's .299492.
But... don't you round up to .2995, then round up to .300?!?! It's a fix! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Time for someone to go through play by play data and turn a ROE into a hit

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If it hadn't been for Reed Johnson, Prince would have the RBI title and be tied with Pujols for most HRs AND have a .300 BA.

Damn you Reed Johnson!!

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived