Brewer Fanatic

Beatles Remasters

Teatoe993
It's 9/9/09 and all the Beatles albums have finally been remastered. Is anyone besides me excited? I'm picking up the mono box as soon as I can get out of work today. All I have known are the terrible 1987 CD mixes and am pumped to finally hear one of my favorite artists they way they were meant to be heard. I've been hearing rumors that the remastered catalogue will be released on vinyl within the year as well. It'll be nice to get some fresh wax to play instead of 40+ year old vinyl that I'm afraid to put on the turntable.

Tito, do you REALLY need to have the cd and vinyl version? I mean, I did that for the Leghounds, but still, that was only 3 albums.

I know yer excited but I'd hold out for vinyl. You know can download em put em on yer mp3 player. Plus most vinyl comes with a free download now anyway.

I prefer to have both CD and vinyl copies of the essentials. I listen to vinyl at home and put the CDs on my iPod. I'm against downloading music even if I pay for it. I need packaging. And usually you'll get bonus tracks on a CD that you can't get on vinyl. I'm buying very few CDs these days but they do have their use. I'll always still have the music despite whatever happens to my iPod. And they're nice to have if I'm driving a car without an iPod hookup. And they sound better than a 40 year old record that was bought at Goodwill.

Speaking of obsessive collecting, I have a Lawrie bobble for you Corey if you want it. PM, or facebook me.

There's not much you can do with the early albums. I mean they were probably recorded for $500 anyway. But I think I always thought Let It Be and Tim sounded crappy (production wise). That's why Pleased To Meet Me is my favorite. The drums sound so much better than on Tim. The remasters are definite improvements over the previous CD mixes, but I just wish that Tommy Ramone knew what he was doing when turning the knobs on Tim.

I'm with Teatoe. I don't download music for free off LimeWire or pay for it on my iTunes. I buy CD's and then put them on my ipod. I love having the physically CD with the art work and liner notes. Just something I have always been into. I'm looking forward to the remasters. I'm not a die hard Beatles fan, but I do like them. Probably will buy the "White Album" for sure and possibly a few other albums.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

my original intentions were to buy magical mystery tour because i don't have that one and eventually the past masters disks...

but...

so far, i've bought those two, plus the first 4 albums (please, please me, with the beatles, hard days night, and for sale)

and i might go further..

they really sound amazing...i guess i wasn't putting as much stock into this before hand, but i realize now why i liked the byrds and the kinks more than the beatles...the beatles recordings sounded liek garbage...now that the problem is solved, it's all i've listened to for a week and a half...

can't believe what i've been missing with the early stuff...

Had the chance to listen to Sgt. Pepper's the whole way through the other night, and they've really done an amazing job here. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was almost jaw-dropping in the remastered version.

And the earlier stuff was surprising as well, as Pogo mentioned. Really a nice reminder of how great an album Hard Day's Night was, considering that it gets lost in the context of SPLHCB, Revolver, Rubber Soul, etc.

Archived