Brewer Fanatic

2009-09-09 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Milwaukee (Suppan) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

pretendastronaut
I feel bad for Keith Law, who's watched this entire series in person. From Twitter:

Really, Ken? We can't let Gamel face the lefty, down 5-0 with no one on? Not that I want to see him hit or anything. #brewers #thebitterness

Come on Keith. You know LaRussa put Macha in a little bit of a zim zam there. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

I don't think Gamel being switched out in the 8th is why we lost today, and I don't believe Gamel not being played enough in June or Hardy playing now is why this team is gonna be sub-.500. I'm not 100% on-board with any of these lineup decisions, but I'd be surprised if Macha got canned because of them.

I don't believe anyone is saying that. I don't care what their record ends up being, and I didn't think they were a playoff team in February.

If they didn't know it before, they have to know it now, that they have no chance at the playoffs.

So, play the kids. Play the future.

Last night I'd begun to wonder if maybe Macha is passive-aggressively doing these things on purpose. It does add another layer of disappointment to the latter part of the season.

I'll just go back now, to my "happy place" from Sunday.

Listening to Macha on the pre-game today talk about a "surprise" pitcher for Sunday, when TH already knew what he was talking about (Narveson), and pretty much listening to why he sat Escobar against Arroyo, why he's playing Kendall everyday, etc. is more painful than listening to Yost tell me how much I don't know about the game. To be honest, at least Yost was comical from time to time. Macha is just grandpa dumb imo.

PS - he just can't stay out of the zim zams.

We were 43-38 on July 4th. We are 23-35 since then.
The sentiment of this post can be applied to the last few seasons.

Also, why is Corey Patterson playing for the Brewers? Does that make any sense to anyone? How can this possibly help the team in the long or short term?

You may run like Mays...

I feel bad for Keith Law, who's watched this entire series in person. From Twitter:

Really, Ken? We can't let Gamel face the lefty, down 5-0 with no one on? Not that I want to see him hit or anything. #brewers #thebitterness

Wow, reading through those tweets ... well that's just embarrassing.

Keith Law is awesome.

Ken Macha makes sick. I liked his hiring at first, the more I have seen him manage the more I have disliked him and am now totally in the "fire Macha" boat.

Gamel, Escobar and Rivera all better start playing much more then Hardy, Counsell and Kendall.

Have McGehee and Lopez split time at 2B.

I know none of this will happen, but one can hope and dream only to have those things shattered by Ken Macha.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

People keep talking about the slide since the all-star break or the start of July. The slide actually started on June 1... May 31st the team was 30-20.

In June the team went 12-15 .444

In July they went 9-17 .346

In August they went 13-14 .481

In Sept they've gone 2-6 .250

The team has played .409 baseball since May 31st if my math is correct. A slow and steady slide to an unremarkable season in every way with the exception of Fielder.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived