Brewer Fanatic

2009-09-08 Cardinals (Smoltz) at Milwaukee (Parra) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 4-3]

pretendastronaut

Wow. That inning reminded me of the old days. A not-so-good team leaning on a not-so-good pitcher doing not-so-good things and yet everyone is on their feet cheering the effort to throw a monkey-wrench into the apparatus of a superior, playoff bound team.

Almost brings a tear to the eye.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fail. That is all.

edit. Mr. QL beat me to it.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

thankfully this season is almost over their can't be many more way for this teamd to blow games.This team is getting closer to a top ten draft pick. Maybe we See Gamel and escobar now regularly in the Lineup for the final 3 weeeks. Offseason should be fun to see what this team Fo can do

Vargas. I attended one of the recent games against the Pirates, and I used the stopwatch on my phone to record the time he took between pitches. You'd be astounded at how long this guy takes. He routinely took 45 seconds between tosses -- even once it took him 1:13. I'm surprised he hasn't been fined at some point.

And yeah, who really didn't see that coming? It baffles me why Corey Patterson was hitting leadoff -- seriously, he's possibly one of the worst players in MLB right now. We didn't deserve to win a game that he led off. Or even started. It's just a sign of things to come between now and October 4. Macha is going to baffle, annoy, and anger us with his personnel decisions during this final month, and tonight is a sign of the ugliness yet to come.

I for one am very tired of Brian Anderson mentioning this every single Braun at-bat, and every single half inning preceding a Braun at-bat.

My favorite last night was when BA said, "a double play ends the game, a home run gives them the lead." Needless to say, I dislike Brian Anderson very much.

I watched nearly the entire first set of the Nadal-Monfrils match last night during the Vargas 8th. One time I flipped back after nearly 2 minutes and did not miss a pitch. I would be hard pressed to come up with a slower pitcher in the history of the game. So painful.

Archived