Brewer Fanatic

2009-09-08 Cardinals (Smoltz) at Milwaukee (Parra) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 4-3]

pretendastronaut
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its september and we are 4 games below .500. Who cares if Patterson is getting PT? Let him play.

The people who go to the games and have to watch him for one. Second of all, there's no reason for him to play at all. He's the worst position player on our roster, he shouldn't be playing over anybody.

And since the Brewers are out of the race, don't you think the fans would rather watch the future? Guys like Gamel and Escobar over scrubs like Patterson?

Its september and we are 4 games below .500. Who cares if Patterson is getting PT? Let him play.

The people who go to the games and have to watch him for one. Second of all, there's no reason for him to play at all. He's the worst position player on our roster, he shouldn't be playing over anybody.

And since the Brewers are out of the race, don't you think the fans would rather watch the future? Guys like Gamel and Escobar over scrubs like Patterson?

Since when does Gamel and Escobar have anything to do with who is playing CF?

Since when does Gamel and Escobar have anything to do with who is playing CF?
Well the fact that they aren't playing very much due to Macha's man love of McGehee and trying to raise Hardy's value and that this is the second consecutive game Patterson has started. Now that Corey (the one who doesn't suck) is back, there's no need to Patterson to ever play unless we have like a 20 inning game. He's horrible. Literally one of the worst players in the game and we're starting him. Just think about that. If he was young or a top prospect or something, I'd have more patience, but he's like 30, he's terrible and he's getting the most at bats in the game. That just rubs me and a bunch of other people the wrong way.

I just have an aversion (not necessarily rational) to C-Pat as an ex-Cub. I can imagine that Corey Hart maybe just got back to Milwaukee shortly before game time and that's why he wasn't in tonight's lineup. If Patterson starts many more games, I'll be dismayed.

As it stands, C-Pat still has a chance of going for the gold.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

FSN Cardinals just said Hart is the 'unsung hero' of the Brewers... maybe last year, guys, but there's probably five players more deserving of that title on this year's Brewers.
Ooh, even as a confirmed Hart fan, I wouldn't be able to agree with that. Not that I'm expecting to agree with the Cardinals announcers on much lately.

Maybe Ken Macha reads this forum and has secretly declared September 8, 2009 to be "Confound Brewerfan.net Night."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I have a bad feeling about this, my dislike for Vargas' pitching style aside.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I just made a sandwich between his last 2 pitches. And opened and poured a new beer.

Walking the bases loaded is just an awesome move.

Edit: I don't typically root against players on the Brewers. Helms and Patterson now being the exceptions. I only root against Patterson hoping he will play so poorly we will not have to see him in a Brewers uniform after this year.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived