Brewer Fanatic

2009-09-06 Giants (Sanchez) at Brewers (Looper) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 2-1]

hawing

Since I still appear to be able to enjoy individual games in a vacuum...today's was awesome.

- I've always preferred pitchers' duels to slugfests, and given the Brewers' pitching woes this year, pitchers' duels have been harder to come by.

- First triple play in a decade (was it the first in Miller Park? I don't recall if one has been turned against the Brewers here). And I saw all of this one. I missed the first out of the 1997 triple play vs. Toronto because I was headed to the restroom.

- Prince with the improbable dive into 2B in the second inning. Too much else happened today for this play to make the video highlights, but it was amusing.

- The walkoff and odd-but-funny celebration. I'm not typically a big fan of choreographed team antics, but maybe the Brewers are teaching me to lighten up.

Also, the Brewers are now 15-10 in games I've attended. With five more on our schedule this year, they can't finish below .500 on my watch!

Edit: Because you want to know...the triple play entry in Wikipedia has already been updated.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I had to work, so I missed all but about the first half inning of the game http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif. With all that happened, it seems I have missed the game of the year. Even with the disappointment that the season has been, I'm glad they can still have fun out there. From what others have said earlier, it doesn't seem like the Giants' announcers had any problem with it, but have any of the Giants' players said anything official, or unofficial, about it? I liked it, though it looked like a few players were a tad late falling down and should have practiced a little more.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived