Brewer Fanatic

2009-09-06 Giants (Sanchez) at Brewers (Looper) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 2-1]

hawing

Like Invader3K, I'm going to today's game, so here's an early IGT start.

Could you try to avoid the sweep? For us?

No lineup yet on JSOnline, but here's the banner ad atop the Brewers Blog:

http://ads.yldmgrimg.net/apex/mediastore/a1b1cc72-c9a5-4c74-86c9-8ed4e9c965e9

I hope this is a reference to the start of school, and not a prelude to bench clearing nonsense.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The lineup, per the Brewers Blog:

BREWERS

2B Felipe Lopez

RF Jason Bourgeois

LF Ryan Braun

1B Prince Fielder

3B Casey McGehee

SS JJ Hardy

C Jason Kendall

CF Jody Gerut

RHP Braden Looper

Hopefully Looper can avoid the home run ball today, considering he has given up at least one in his last 8 starts.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

"So it's going to be about 2:1 ratio for JJ starting and Escobar starting we're seeing."

Actually it looks like it's going to be 2:2. Hardy started his first two days back, then Escobar two. Yesterday was Hardy's 1st, today is his 2nd. I suspect we see Escobar in the next game.

I have two tickets for today's game. No one to go with, which doesn't really matter. I would usually go alone in this case. But I wanted to see Escobar again. So I'm probably saying home.

That pitching matchup doesn't really excite me either. Course I would like to see Sandoval again. Love that guy.

I left the house to go for a run after that triple play in the 6th since I figured that would be the highlight...ran about 5 1/2 miles from the Ferry Building to Ft. Point by the Golden Gate Bridge, and when I walked past a bar on my way home, I saw a TV on inside and thought, "Man, is that the Brewers still on? I didn't run that fast"

Wish they would've ended it there...although I never thought at the beginning of the season I'd see a Gerut-Patterson-Lopez-Bourgeois inning in the 11th inning of a September game that the Giants of the two teams desperately need

I'm just waiting to hear King Albert's reactions tomorrow. Or Court Jester LaRussa's.

I thought it was great but I'm sure there will be many national pundits (ESPN, MLB, newspapers, etc.) that don't like it one bit and will let everyone and their dog know what they think.

At least this isn't the NFL. Prince would be fined for sure.

I also love how Macha was right there by the group of guys and when they all fell down, he had a smile on his face and laughed but also had the look of, "Oh, crud. I look like a moron now, since I didn't know they were going to do this."

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Fielder is having an amazing year. That celebration was awesome but I'm sure someone will get beaned because of it. Just the way the game works.

There were some nice defensive gems today!

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived