Brewer Fanatic

Helena Braun Bobble

TURBO

I know there was some controversy surrounding this one when it came out...

Does it have any value?

Were there really only 250 made, or did someone say they made a lot more, but only gave 250 out at the door?

I know there was someone here who had a LOT of them to sell, so what is the deal with these bobbles?

They are on ebay a lot, and if they are so rare, how come so many are up for sale?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

cuz one guy on eBay has like all of them...I heard rumors that he kinda talked Helena into doing them, and then got most of them? I dunno how true that is, but when that thread was going awhile back, I believe that came up...He's ccd7 on eBay, and sells tons of bobbles, mostly buy it now, and mostly overpriced from what they sell for as an auction....

When they first came out, I got 2 white ones at 75 each from Matt on the board. They were selling for more than that for a month or so after. Now they sell for around 35 buy it now. I'd imagine down the line the value will go up some, but finding a blue one is gonna be tough since everybody paid a fortune for theirs right off the bat, and no one want to lose money on them. I've actually won the blue one a few times at around 65, but the reserve of 300 wasn't met, so I actually lost.

I dont get the reserve, if you want 300 for it, then make the starting bid at 300. Sheesh.

So, were they actually given out at a game, or did some pirate just get them all to make a lot of money?

And, how did Matt aquire so many?

I read there were only 250 made, but that was debunked a while back from what I remember...

I got the blue one from CCD for $80 a long time ago. It was on buy it now for some ridiculous amount, but I offered $80 and he accepted. I also got the white one from Matt for $75 when they first came out.

CCD does sell bobbles way over their value, but the ones he has on buy it now, sometimes you can offer something less than half his list price and he will accept it.

Here is what I found out from Helena's assistant GM Nick Bowsher about 1 year ago.

From Assistant GM Nick Bowsher

"We gave away 250 bobbleheads. There were 50 in the variant jersey. We got half of the variant jersey bobble heads. To get the promotion going, a third party purchased 150 bobbleheads to help with our costs. We did not have a full sponsor at the time to get the give away going prior to the giveaway. We paid for most of the bobble head cost and got a minimul sponsorship."

"There were 500 total made and 50 of the blue variant out of the 500."

"We gave out 250. Third party got 150. We had another 100 we gave to Ryan Braun, staff, sponsors, etc."

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

He accepted $80 for the blue WOW.

I had offered him I think $150 and also had said I have some extra Brewer SGA I could give you too to knock the price down. He said $150 + all my extras which was like 8 or 9 form 2006 and 2007 he would take it.

I passed.

Here is what I found out from Helena's assistant GM Nick Bowsher about 1 year ago.

From Assistant GM Nick Bowsher

"We gave away 250 bobbleheads. There were 50 in the variant jersey. We got half of the variant jersey bobble heads. To get the promotion going, a third party purchased 150 bobbleheads to help with our costs. We did not have a full sponsor at the time to get the give away going prior to the giveaway. We paid for most of the bobble head cost and got a minimul sponsorship."

"There were 500 total made and 50 of the blue variant out of the 500."

"We gave out 250. Third party got 150. We had another 100 we gave to Ryan Braun, staff, sponsors, etc."

Thanks for the information... That is what I wanted to know, so there are 500 of those things floating around out there...TOTAL.

I didn't expect him to take my offer. I was shocked that he did. I've purchased probably 30-40 or so bobbles from him over the years, so maybe that had something to do with it. Or maybe he just really needed some money.
That might have something to do with it. I have only purchased maybe 7 or 8 bobbles from him in the past.

Archived