Brewer Fanatic

Pettitte Offered $15M by NYY

As a fan of the Yankees, I love it. As a fan of the Brewers, I love it. I know Pettite's wife is none too keen of Andy returning to the Yanks, but we'll see if her voice can be heard over all the "CHA-CHING!"s he's gonna be yelling
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Actually PGHH04, Pettite has thrown

2005 - 223 IP

2006 - 214 IP

in his last two seasons. He had serious injury trouble in 2004, his first in Houston & first on a new, (then) big contract. He seems to have rebounded fine, and his injury at the end of 2006 was a strained left elbow muscle - not anything structural.

While I realize it could be a 'nagging' kind of injury, Pettite's career track record suggests otherwise. He has always kept himself in fine shape, and, at age 34, is not the ancient guy many would have you believe. His long, successful career makes many (including me) think of him being as old as, say, Clemens, or Johnson

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

With all the money being thrown at pitchers these days, this is probably a bad time for Pettite to be thinking of retirement. I am pretty sure he will pitch again. It would be great if he left Houston. Hopefully Clemens will do the same.

Archived