Brewer Fanatic

Impossible Name That Song... Resolved by Baldkin - Van Halen's "Right Now"

sbrylski

Okay, give this one a go, BF.net!

For the life of me I can't think of the name of this song - its right on the tip of the tounge. It begins with a "chord-y" piano intro, lasts 30 seconds or so. Probably an 80s song. The song title is likely to be the main line in the chorus, something short like "hold on" or "don't look back," but I'm pretty sure neither of those are it. Its not an obscere song, I heard it on XM radio at a restaurant and made a mental note of the lyrics so I could look it up when I got home, but of course I remember nothing.

So if you know anything that fits that short list of criteria, throw it out there. You'll be my hero.

I doubt it is this, but I couldn't resist, everyone knows G n R.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Kansas - Dust in the Wind

Not a piano, acoustic guitar but the lyrics you listed match and it's fairly popular. You're stretching my 80s knowledge... I might have to cheat and google this.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I just went through all my mp3s, and my napster play lists, and other people's 80s lists on napster looking for inspiration. I'm out of ideas if I didn't stumble across it. Genre would help... was it pop? metal? hair bandish? heavy guitar? ballad?

- Plato

- Plato

Google didn't help, but I thought of another...? all Bruce Hornsby songs sound pretty much the same if I'm close...? I don't know why I didn't think of him right away as I loved his tracks in Backdraft!

- Plato

- Plato

For whatever reason, the only song that keeps going through my head with an opening piano solo is "Locomotive Breath" by Jethro Tell, but I know that's not it.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Going by the clues we have...piano intro...dude singing...something with hold on...possibly mistaken for Van Halen...I'm voting for Toto-Hold The Line

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Archived