Brewer Fanatic

Hardy, Smith only callups

PrinceEatMeat

They may want Hardy to play in the hopes that he performs and enhances his trade value. To improve his odds of showcasing his offensive skills, I'd say bat him #2.
Or he can continue to decrease his trade value by performing like he has all year. If he picks up anywhere near where he left off in Nashville (sans a 2 run HR yesterday), I would say he will do more harm than good.

Macha is a joke first they call up Gamel and play Hall instead and leave Gamel to Fail as a Pinch Hitter.

Now they Bring Up Hardy and sit our Future SS to make peace with Hardy. This should be Hardy sitting on the bench and playing once a week. I looking foward to this offseason and seeing alot of changes for the Brewers

I don't really get them starting JJ tonight either, although I didn't understand at all not leaving him down there until the 7th if the point was ostensibly to improve what ails him this season and not merely work the system to job some service time to make him more tradeable.

Don't get me wrong, JJ's been pretty bad this year, but I'm really disappointed in the Brewers right now: for JJ, for Escobar, and for this team's future.

I'm beginning to think that maybe they are gonna shop Escobar and keep JJ, now that he has one more year of arby. Showing all teams exactly how good Alcides' glove is at the ML level may get teams to make offers. Just my guess.

And JJ won't be breaking the bank this year either. Another reason to send him down is to keep his numbers down.

This organization has its priorities completely screwed up. They are way too interested in finishing the season strong than doing whats right for the future. Macha is managing for his job and he really hates young players. He refused to play Gamel and now he has another excuse not to play Escobar. Macha is absolutely the wrong type of manager with regards to young players; he just wont play them.

This season is so disappointing in so many ways. I really believe we are better off tanking in September so there is no excuse to bring Macha back.

I'm not necessarily sold that Macha is managing for his job. I do think there could be something to him preferring veterans.

Because starting him right now just doesn't make sense otherwise. But again, bringing up Hardy today didn't make any anyway.

Man, this handbasket is kinda crowded, isn't it?!?

This organization is a joke right now. First it's Gamel. Now it's Escobar. I'm going to say Escobar gets maybe two starts a week now that Hardy is back up. And when Gamel is recalled, he'll get the same treatment. You would think being 12 games back at the beginning of September would be reason enough to let the young guys play, but apparently this organization has other goals in mind.

I could understand "showcasing" (as it were, the die have pretty much been cast) Hardy for a deal if he had come up from Nashville after the 7th when AAA season ends, and would have no problem getting him ABs for a week or so (or longer, if he heats up) after then to do so.

But bringing him up now is perplexing. No one benefits.

I'm not necessarily sold that Macha is managing for his job. I do think there could be something to him preferring veterans.

The sad thing to me is that I think Macha sees a connection between those two.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

One of the first great tips I picked up listening to other coaches talk, was to not get caught up playing talent. Play results, you can be better off as a team with a more productive but less talented player. However, you don't call up top prospects to sit the bench and accumulate meaningless service time.

What I mean is that I get what Macha is trying to do playing the most productive player, but you don't waste service time of a more a talented player by sitting them on the bench. Turn them loose and give them an equal opportunity to compete, or don't call them up. Sitting them on bench is just dumb.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived