Brewer Fanatic

2009-08-30 Pirates (Ohlendorf) at Milwaukee (Suppan) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 4-1]

Everyone must be lined up to get that Jeff Suppan bobblehead!!! Go Soup!!!

Per McCalvy:

It's 20 straight home wins over the Pirates and counting for the Brewers, who won't have their fabulous center fielder for Sunday's series finale. Jody Gerut, who has been hot at the plate (13-for-39 over his last 26 games) starts in place of Mike Cameron, who is almost certainly just getting a day off, his first since July 26.

The Pirates' lineup is posted, and it includes catcher Ryan Doumit. He was benched on Friday and Saturday for an undisclosed offense.

PITTSBURGH

Andrew McCutchen CF

Delwyn Young 2B

Garrett Jones 1B

Ryan Doumit C

Lastings Milledge LF

Brandon Moss RF

Andy LaRoche 3B

Ronny Cedeno SS

Ross Ohlendorf RHP

MILWAUKEE

Felipe Lopez 2B

Craig Counsell SS

Ryan Braun LF

Prince Fielder 1B

Casey McGehee 3B

Jody Gerut CF

Jason Kendall C

Frank Catalanotto RF

Jeff Suppan RHP

SoCal, that is what I thought. Everyone wanted to get the Soup bobble today. Haha, I was gonna start a IGT but figured someone else would.

I normally go to all the bobblehead games, not Suppan. I refuse to add that to my collection. Same with the Kendall one this season.

Hopefully Gerut and Cat stay hot today.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Yeah, tip of the cap to SoCal. I've unofficially become pretendastronaut's backup, but we were at the game ourselves and I figured starting a thread before we left would be too early.

But hey, look at the results:

• Sunday home win! the first since May 31. May freakin' 31. I should know; we've been at all of the Sunday games in the interim.

• A quality start for Suppan, on a day when there was really no particular reason to expect it. He did a fair amount of Houdini work in the process, but still.

I think SoCalBrewFan has earned himself a slot in the IGT starting rotation. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif It's kind of like the Brewers' starting rotation: pretendastronaut in the 1 spot, followed by a collection of #4 and #5 threadstarters.

Random game observations:

- bensheeps' son got some videoboard time during the 7th inning stretch. Sadly, the cameras robbed him of more time during the Hoffman entrance.

- Brian Anderson's daughter sat in front of me for an inning or two. We'd been wondering why she kept turning around and waving at the FSN booth, until Brian finally saw her and blew her a kiss. It was cute.

- We didn't find a taker for our extra pair of tickets but did score two of each style Soup bobble as we redeemed all four.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Thanks folks! Does that make me the Mike Burns of thread starters? I'll take it...even he got lucky a couple times! He even messed with the Johan.

Glad you guys had fun at the game today...those Brewers day games have been pretty brutal this year. A Soup bobble, a non-brutal start and some Trevor Time. Well deserved W for the fans.

We had a party at the house today with tons of kids running around. Of course one of my friends out here showed up in his Cardinals hat. That ribbing caused more than one brief escape back to the man cave to check on the score. Even 12 games out it still puts me in a good mood when they win. You can take the boy out of Milwaukee, but never the Milwaukee out of the boy.

Archived