Brewer Fanatic

Jaycee Lee Dugard

OglivieHomePerm

Anyone else following the amazing story of Jaycee Lee Dugard, the girl who was kidnapped in 1991 when she was 11 years old? I find myself looking for updates on this story several times a day. The jailhouse interview given by her kidnapper, in which he describes how "heartwarming" the story will be when we hear the entire story just gives me the chills...to think how deranged this individuall really is. There are now reports that a neighbor called the police to report people living in the backyard, but the police did not discover the hidden living area back there. And now the house is being investigated for clues into the possible murder of some prostitues whose bodies were disposed of near an area where the kidnapper worked. I hope that the victim and her family can approach some sense of normalcy after all of this.

Absolutely amazing, and it makes you wonder how many other people who were abducted at young ages are still alive somewhere in a basement or remote location. I read that some of the neighbors reported hearing the sounds of children in the backyard, but thought that "it's none of their business" or that they were hippies or something like that who just lived that way.

The one thing I can't figure out is that this girl had two children by this (despicable) guy... my question is, where were they born, who delivered those children when they were born, and where did they get their post-delivery medical care? When someone is admitted to a hospital don't they get every bit of information about them? I had a friend whose "girlfriend" broke her arm at another friend's wedding when she slipped on the dance floor... but when she was admitted to the hospital they asked her what her marital status was and that's when we found out that they had eloped a few months later because she had to tell them she was married. How does that slip through the cracks?

Maybe that's part of the "bonding" thing.

my question is, where were they born, who delivered those children when they were born, and where did they get their post-delivery medical care?

I thought I read that the two children have never seen a doctor. The dude is just an absolute monster, far beyond the monstrosity of the average sex offender/child abductor.

I can't believe that after 19 years of varoius parole visits and cops being called to the house, it took the astute observations of a campus cop to bring this guy to justice.

Here is a link to Garrido's blog. What a complete freak. Can anyone make any sense of it?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19151129/Garrido-Blog

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I have always been fascinated with solving the unsolved and have often wondered what happened to Missing individuals. They don't just disappear in thin air. Somewhere out there are hundreds or thousands of Missing Individuals, dead or alive. Someone has to know something about any of these Missing Children out there. A kidnapper doesn't just keep it to themselves, there has to be someone they have told that is scared to talk.

The Dugard case raises hope that even after a nearly 20-year disappearance, someone else can be found alive. This story makes me wonder if neighbors of other areas have made constant reports to their police department about a "strange" neighbor which the police can't do anything without probable cause.

But this story is sad to say the least. Here was an 11-year-old girl with all the promise in the world, a girl who never accomplished the dream of even graduating high school and attending her Prom. Never lived the American dream of marrying and enjoying life. Now at the end, she is a brainwashed individual with two children that missed the prime of her life. Her and her children will have a difficult time re-entering, or entering for that matter, society after the torture.

The perceptive and quick thinking Campus Police that reported this deserve a lot of praise for identifying unusual behavior. This story gives any Campus Police officer in the country a good name now. I wonder if the two officers will be given some sort of commendation for their keen observations.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm still facinated with this case and look for new news (and possibly a current picture) on a regular basis. I found this video this morning on the Contra Costa Times web site. I can't believe it has not received more attention. Is that a current video of Jaycee Dugard (between :03 and :06, and again later)? Her mother was quoted as saying that she does not look much older than she did when she was kidnapped. If it's not her, who is it? The video does not appear to be that old and it appears that there may be some security monitors (police station?) behind her.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

After a few more searches I now realize that the video is of Jaycee as a kid. Makes sense. Even though her mom has stated that she looks much younger than she is, there is no way the girl in that video is 29.

Archived