Brewer Fanatic

Not Un-Tucking

crossface21
On May 25, the Brewers beat the Cardinals 1-0 in 10 innings to give them a 27-18 record. The team sprinted off the field not untucking their shirts, with Bill Hall leading the charge off the field. Since then, the Brewers are 34-47. What does this teach us? Not to mess with the baseball Gods, Or to just blame Bill Hall for the bad luck/injury-riddled season.

They had the pitching to get there. They were in first place on the 4th of July with the easiest schedule in baseball coming up the 6 weeks after the all star break.

What they didn't have was the extra pitching to live through 3 starting pitchers getting hurt, going through 18 different bullpen arms and Manny Parra being absolutely horrendous.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I don't get all the criticism of Melvin on not getting pitching this season (the past offseason, ok I get it). Who was out there? The Brewers were at least in on Peavy & Bedard, literally the day before both went down with injury. And then what other pitcher of significance did anyone add via trade this season? Cliff Lee, and the Indians told the Brewers we didn't have the pieces they were after. I guess we could have ponied up for Peavy in the asinine hope we'd still be 'in it' come September, but I'm sure glad Melvin didn't.

So once again, what good does Braun whining or anyone blaming Melvin do? This season, there wasn't pitching to be had for the Brewers. This past offseason, there was.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived