Brewer Fanatic

Having your collection assessed...

Bikeage77

I'm assuming at least someone on this board has insurance on their collection, or am hoping. I'm wondering where to go, how much it costs, etc. I'd like to get it, since I don't think any of it would be covered except under renters insurance for a fire or theft. I was telling my girlfriend if something happened to all my stuff, the first thing I would do is get a bottle of jack, and the second thing i would do is not remember the first thing i did.

I'd rather have another option.

Let me know, I was thinking of having cdd7 or whatever on eBay do my bobbles, since he's also on this site. Let some one else do all the signed balls, 8x10s, and other items. Can I do that without having them psa'd? I'd rather not have to pay to have each item inspected.

Thanks.

I've been toying with this idea lately too. I live in a condo, so I'm only responsible for the inside contents for insurance purposes. I took a rough estimate of what I felt everything was worth and just added it onto my coverage until I can get something more precise done.

I know there are varying opinions on Legends of the Field, but their website states they do appraisal services.

Call your insurance agent and tell them you have an expensive sports collection. And would like to take out additional insurance to cover it. If I remember right but I think they have special insurance for collections. Take pics and catalog what you have. It's rather hard to price what you have because the prices change all the time. Like on bobbles. You may have paid 50 for a bobble last year and now it's 5. So total up what you think it's worth and get that much in additional coverage just for your sports collection. But some places may require you to get an independent appraiser to total up you collection.

Archived