Brewer Fanatic

2009-08-25 Reds (Arroyo) at Milwaukee (Suppan) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 8-6]

Did Telly just say this is exactly what Macha and Bosio wanted when Suppan returned to the mound?

And Brian is such a homer. "They're hoping to get Suppan through this inning and give him the oppurtunity for the win." Look at the scoreboard, moron.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But he didn't give up a grand slam!

I know they don't play the games on paper, but I don't have a good feeling about sending Soup out on his bobblehead day Sunday.

edit: chat room is available; just saying.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

not so good, but not horrendous either
An 8.31 ERA and 5 walks to 1 strikeout is actually pretty horrendous.
Not giving up lethal bombs and not digging us into a huge hole is not horrendous to me (4-13 for the reds RISP, I believe) albeit the tremendous amount of walks is pretty bad.

EDIT: apparently I forgot the last part the sentence

I'm still a little frustrated about him killing that rally in the first inning by straying too far off 2nd on Braun's liner to short. The guy's been hitting the cover off the ball ever since coming over and I'd hate to see what this offense would look like without him, but I can see why fans in Arizona weren't exactly bummed to see him go.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I hate to rain on this parade with a great rally here in the 9th - I know hindsight is 20/20, but I was screaming for Escobar to pinch run there. He pretty much scores on any single. I love craigger but Escobar's got the best wheels on the team and he's sitting in the dugout.

I can't believe Dusty Baker still has a job. He is the most clueless manager I think I have ever seen when it comes to pitching.

1) Promising member of your bullpen (Burton) clearly tweaks his knee. It's 6-1, with one out in the 9th, so you clearly shut him down since you're not playing for anythi... wait, whuuu? You let him pitch? Oh. I guess his knee is "fine, big time" just like Volquez's arm was.

2) Burton is (not surprisingly) ineffective, since, uh, it looked like he might have torn a major ligament in his knee. So you have a save situation now, so you go get your best RP & closer, right?

3) Oh sweet jebus. If anyone needs any more proof that baseball is just an old boys' club, look no further than Dusty Baker managing a MLB squad.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

That was such a gratifying inning, and such a frustrating inning all at once.

I can't wait to not see Brad Fischer at third next year. He was right to be cautious with Counsell I think, iffy the first time with Braun, but how could you think someone would score on a ball hit that shallow for the third out? You had to pray for a bad throw like you had before.

But I'm glad to see us rough up CoCo.

How is nobody in here talking about this?

I was watching, but didn't want to jinx it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Prince looked pretty PO'd that his single didn't plate the tying run. I don't know what Fischer was doing sending Braun on that short fly by Cam...get them next inning, I guess.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived