Brewer Fanatic

Anyone enjoying themselves?

greeg35

I had a good time at last night's game. Got to sit two rows behind the home dugout, which is always quite a neat experience. We took my in-laws to the game, and it was their first time ever at Miller Park, and they had a blast. So that was neat, too. Did not notice hawing on the video board, unfortunately.

Going again tonight and hoping to see two wins in a row from the Crew. Of course tailgating again, which is always great, too.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still enjoying myself. I think the Brewers are underachieving a bit, but at least the team is still competitive. The Brewers had a magical playoff run and C.C. was amazing last year. I know Sheets gets a lot of crap for having a poor health history, but IMO he still was one of the top 15-20 starting pitchers in baseball. Losing those two guys was a dagger to the heart for our playoff chances. I thought the expectations of the Brewers making the playoffs with the players that we have were unrealistic.

However, we have a good, young core of players to build around (Braun, Easy-E, Fielder, and Gallardo). I love September because it gives us a small taste of the future. We've loaded up on pitching in the past few drafts, and with some luck, they could be ready to help our pitching problems in a few years.

Now is the time when the line divides true brewer fans from the bandwagoners. We have to be patient. We're not a big market franchise. I think our best chance to be successful is having our young guns in the minors develop into studs.

This time of year is when I enjoy baseball the most. The pennant races, the individuals chasing records, the playoffs...........I love this game so much and am already beginning to despair the cold (er, mild in NM) winter nights with only a basketball or crappy college football game on tv.

The Brewers, no matter how badly they play, cannot diminish my love for this game. I'm very envious of all the posters here on BF who get to attend Brewer games on a regular basis and would give much in return to be able to see a few games in Miller Park again, even if they were losses. Even attending AAA Isotopes games is a treat for me as nothing beats sitting in a baseline seat with a dog in one hand, a beer in another and a live ball game happening right in front of you.

Despite the disappointing performance by both the team AND front office this year, I STILL make sure to check the Brewers box score every evening, hoping for something good. Yes, more good than bad this year, but at least not what it was earlier this century.

So, yes, I am enjoying myself as a baseball fan. As a Brewer fan.......yes and no.

I know I've probably been labeled as one of the pessimistic fans here on BF, but despite my disdain for the Brewers performance sometimes, I will continue to bleed Brewer blue and yellow and express my fandom with pride. I didn't stick with this team through the bad times to give up on 'em now.

I'm still enjoying myself, relatively. I was into today's game--I pumped my fist and gave a holler when they walked a run in with Soup at the plate--and I liked seeing them sweep the Pirates.

That said, after the game I watched the Giants-Rockies, and I didn't enjoy myself today nearly as much as the fans at AT&T Park did when Renteria hit that GS and the Giants swept the Rockies to pull into a WC tie.

There's definitely more enjoyment in cheering for a winning team in the playoff chase.

Archived