Brewer Fanatic

Anyone enjoying themselves?

greeg35
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I missed it all at the end. With the Nationals series over the weekend I was able to reset my sights on the season. With all expectations of the playoffs gone, I can enjoy reasonably competitive baseball for the next 35 games. At least it's not 2002 anymore.

Is that the first one he's blown against the Brewers? Seems like it.

Checked the tape today. 6 blown last year...none against the Crew. Last night was only his second blown save of the year, the other was against the Nats. Coco pitched in the AL prior to his Brewers days so that was indeed the first. Sure felt good, although a win would've been nice.

Needless to say, this was a good thread but, more and more, we are just getting vents in this thread. Take it to the in-game threads or we're going to shut this one down. Thank you.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I don't know if 'enjoyed' is the right word, because this is rather bittersweet, but in observance of the 20th anniversary of the banishment of Pete Rose from baseball I bet the Reds and the over the entire series. KA-CHING!

I am enjoying watching Piniella and Milton Bradley. We have had a great year out of Prince. A good year out of Braun. Gallardo has lasted the whole year (just about) without injury. There are still good things happening.

It is still fun to watch some of the individual accomplishments but frustrating just the same. What Prince is doing is something pretty special. This is a monster year from him. It's hard not to feel like it is being wasted. He will continue to put up very good numbers but can we expect .300/40/140 every year? Probably not.

What would excite me is letting the last month be a preview of next year. Let's see Gamel every day. Let's see Alcides every day. The kids might struggle a bit but Gamel will hit a couple of tape measure shots that will get everyone chomping at the bit. We'll watch Alcides go first to third and start getting fired up by seeing him and Ricky in the same lineup next year.

Two main things I am rooting for:

1. Pujols injury. Don't usually root for someone to get hurt but Prince is a lock for MVP if he does.

2. Continued Cubs implosion - My two favorite teams - Milwaukee Brewers and whoever is playing the Cubs.

I am enjoying...

-The Kid at SS

Robin Yount???? Sorry, that the only person in Brewers history (past, present, or future) that will have the nickname of "The Kid." If you didn't capitalize it, I would have thought of Escobar.

I am still enjoying the season. It's baseball. It's my favorite sport. I will be mucho sad in October and even more mucho sad in November when the World Series is over.

Inside Pitch said the Brewers have lost 25 of their last 35 games. I have enjoyed things enough that I hadn't realized things had got so bad for the club.

And, in case a couple buddies of mine are reading this, the answer to the topic question is "No!" (inside joke)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I'm (somehow) still looking forward to going to tonight's game and Sunday's. It would be nice if the on field results were favorable, or at least not shameworthy; but I always find something to enjoy at games. Beats the offseason by a large margin.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Yo has had a very nice season, but at this point it's a little nerve-wrecking to see him out there making lengthy starts, and possibly comprimising his future, in meaningless games.
I was relieved he only went 5 in his last start and Macha didn't send him back out there after that long 6th inning rally.

Community Moderator
I really had a good time at Miller Park on Wednesday night. It was the first time in a few years that it felt like the old days. We had some free terrace seats way up in section 408 but quickly grabbed some RF bleacher seats (first time moving down from the terrace in many years!). There was plenty of space, people drinking beer from cans that they somehow got in the stadium, a police officer who didn't care, and a nice mediocre game on the field including several defensive miscues by the home team. It reminded me of my first Brewers game in the County Stadium bleachers in 1996. The Brewers lost but there wasn't any reason to be upset. Plus we got on the big screen!

Like the story, weatherman http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

What would excite me is letting the last month be a preview of next year. Let's see Gamel every day. Let's see Alcides every day. The kids might struggle a bit but Gamel will hit a couple of tape measure shots that will get everyone chomping at the bit. We'll watch Alcides go first to third and start getting fired up by seeing him and Ricky in the same lineup next year.

This is exactly what I want to see as well. Especially Gamel, but that's probably obvious. However, since Macha is 'managing to keep his job', expect to see lots of Craig Counsell & Casey McGehee. Oh joy.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Plus we got on the big screen!
The S.O. and I were on the videoboard during Friday's game. The Kohl's Family Section $250 gift card winning family was three rows ahead of us, so we were in the background. I doubt anyone noticed, but I spent our 15 seconds of semi-fame griping about how we never win the gift card despite possibly having spent more time in the family section than any other fans (OK, many other fans). I managed to make it look like general fan banter, though. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I think we may have to rent a kid for a future Friday or Saturday night game, to give ourselves a chance at the gift card. Still, tonight's game was pretty enjoyable.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived