Coffey

Villenueva

Parra

Stetter

Weathers

McClung

Vargas

DiFelice

I hope McGehee and Hardy could get it done for Guthrie. I doubt, however, that Gamel will be given the nod at 3rd, although I think he would do well there. I also hope the team goes after Sheets if there is any possibility of him returning in 2010. I would like to see Macha, and perhaps Melvin gone in 2010, although it does not look like that is going to happen.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McGehee, Salome, and a couple of A-ball arms to the Marlins for Nolasco and one of their catchers (Baker or Paulino).

Lopez declines arby and signs with the Padres or Astros and the Brewers get a sandwich and 2nd round pick for him. Unable to move Hardy for decent value, they keep him as their backup SS (or starting SS) and gamble that they get Type A compensation for him next offseason. Heether pulls a McGehee and claims the other backup IF position with Gamel the starter at 3B. Same starting OF, same bench (Gerut, Cat).

Starting 5 is Gallardo, Bush, Nolasco, Parra, Suppan. They talk Hoffman into coming back one more year with the rest of the pen being Coffey, Stetter, DiFelice, Smith, Vargas, and McClung. Butler, Jones, Capuano, Cody are your SP depth at AAA, with an army of potential spot-start candidates at AA (Rogers, Rivas, Anundsen, hopefully Braddock).

Gallardo/Parra improvement accounts for a combined 5 wins, Nolasco accounts for 2 wins, whomever replaces Kendall accounts for 2 wins, offensive improvement at SS accounts for 1 win, and giving Gamel the 235 PAs that Hall got this year accounts for 1 win = +11 wins over the 81 wins they finish with this year which gets them to 92 wins in 2010 and the Wild Card. Not ideal, but I think Nolasco is the best they can hope for as far as improving the rotation without giving up Gamel or Escobar.

Unable to move Hardy for decent value, they keep him as their backup SS (or starting SS) and gamble that they get Type A compensation for him next offseason.

Hardy isn't a free agent until after the 2011 season now. You are right that there are a lot of wins that we can pick up with players playing back to their career norms.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

My key points and roster

1) Offer arby to Lopez and Hoffman. Hoffman is retained while Lopez nets us a second round pick and a sandwich pick. Counsell resigns for a year. Looper and Kendall and Weathers are all allowed to walk.

2) Trade JJ for Jeremy Guthrie straight up. This appears to me to be the fairest and most realistic name we can get for JJ. I think both clubs sign off on this one.

3) Sign Jarrod Washburn for 3 years and 23 llion.

4) Gamel starts the season in AAA

5) Salome and Rivera are the catchers

6) Narveson is the final pitcher to make my mock roster, but that slot can be a revolving door (just wanted to put another lefty on the team)

7) Cameron resigns for one year at seven million.

Starters

Weeks

Escobar

Braun

Fielder

McGehee

Hart

Cameron

Rivera

Pitcher

Bench

Counsell

Iribarren

Gerut

Salome

Heether

Starters

Gallardo

Washburn

Guthrie

Bush

Parra

Bullpen

Suppan

McClung

Coffey

Stetter

Villanueva

Narveson

Hoffman

Does anyone know what the chances of Adam Heether actually sticking around are? The guy earned a September promotion this season and we blew him off. If Ken Macha is retained, Heether knows even if he does make the opening day roster that they chances of him actually playing are minimal. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him back as the super sub, but surely after seeing how Ken Macha runs things he is going to go somewhere else.

Sign Jarrod Washburn for 3 years and 23 llion.

I think your other moves are OK, but this would be way overpaying for what Washburn will likely give you at this point in his career. He's been terrible this season since getting traded. This would be like a lite repeat version of the Jeff Suppan contract for a team like the Brewers.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Here is my first post on brewerfan.net....

No major changes next year except we sign Wisconsin native Washburn, resign Cameron, and trade Hardy for bullpen and/or prospects (his value isn't high enough to command a starting pitcher) and Kendell is gone..... Unless McGehe or Gamel can be a bargaining chip for a #2 quality starter I think we keep them both...

1.Escobar SS
2. Weeks 2B
3. Braun LF
4. Fielder 1B
5. McGehe 3B
6. Hart RF
7. Cameron CF
8. Rivera C

Gallardo
Washburn
Parra
Suppan
Bush

Bullpen: Hoffman, Coffey, Stetter, McClung, Vargas, Smith, Difilice
Bench: Gamel, Gerut, Cattalanatto, Counsell, Salmoe (will get a chance to start if he proves himself)

1. Lopez 2B

2. Escobar SS

3. Braun LF

4. Fielder 1B

5. Weeks CF

6. McGhee/Gamel 3B platoon

7. Hart RF

8. Rivera/Salome/Lucroix C

Bench : McGhee/Gamel, Rivera/Salome/Lucroix, Gerut, Counsell, Patterson

SP Rotation: Gallardo, Bedard or Penny, Parra, Bush, Suppan

Bullpen: Vargas, McClung, Stetter, Weathers, Coffey, Difilice or Villanueva, Hoffman

The guy earned a September promotion this season and we blew him off.

I think it was more of a numbers game - they already had Gamel, McGehee, Escobar, Hardy, Counsell, and Lopez. I just don't know where he would play. Frankly I would rather see Gamel get the ABs at 3B than Heether, and McGehee is in contention for ROY so I'm sure they want to get him his ABs. If he storms the castle like McGehee did this year in spring training I think it will be hard not to keep him, but that is probably more contingent on two of Gamel/McGehee/Lopez not being back, or one of Gamel/McGehee not coming back and Weeks moving to the OF.

1. Lopez 2B

2. Escobar SS

3. Braun LF

4. Fielder 1B

5. Weeks CF

6. McGhee/Gamel 3B platoon

7. Hart RF

8. Rivera/Salome/Lucroix C

Can we please stop with the platoon talk? Brewer fans in general have become way too comfortable with platoons at major positions. The fact of the matter is good teams do not platoon with the minor exception being catcher because it is a very difficult position to play every day. I will not be ok with McGehee and Gamel platooning next year because developmentally it does neither any good. If Gamel is not the everyday third baseman next year he needs to be in Nashville or flipped for pitching. The reason he performed less than expected at AAA this year is because he did not have the opportunity to get into any sort of rhythm because of his call up. As for CF can we please put the Weeks thing to bed? He doesn't want to play there and the organization doesn't want him out there. They are either going to trade Weeks or let Lopez walk for the picks (more likely).

The topic was my 2010 lineup and bench. I personally would like to see Lopez and Weeks both back. Lopez is a better leadoff hitter and Weeks can bat 5th where he belongs and can drive in runs. The only way this happens is if Weeks moves to the OF. I don't care if it is LF, RF, CF. This would make us a better team. Whether he wants to or not the Brewers would field a better team if he does this.

Trade Hart and Hardy in the offseason for pitching. Move Gamel to RF. Resign Cameron and don't resign Kendall. Let Rivera and Lucroy battle it out for starting catcher in spring training.

1. Escobar SS

2. Weeks 2b

3. Braun LF

4. Fielder 1b

5. McGehee 3b

6. Cameron CF

7. Gamel RF

8. Rivera C (splits time with Lucroy)

Bench: Counsell/Gerut/Cattalanatto/Lucroy//Heether

Thats not the point. You can't make these guys do anything. if he does not want to do it he is going to suck at it and it will be a useless move and we will end up with another Bill Hall disaster. Plus Melvin has siad it won't be done so why does it keep coming up? I love the hot stove as much as anyone else but we have to come up with another idea!

I don't understand why so many are on the Weeks to CF bandwagon. He would be a TERRIBLE CF. At least Lopez has played OF in his career - have him move if you want to keep them both. But either way, neither of them should move to CF. Corner OF would be the only place I'd move anyone like that.

You can't make these guys do anything.

Then you can't just make a guy who has never played OF and would probably not be very good in OF play CF (the toughest OF position).

Cameron to Weeks is such a fall off in defense... i shudder to think how bad our team ERA would be if this happens.

Cameron to Weeks is such a fall off in defense... i shudder to think how bad our team ERA would be if this happens.

Get better pitching, then it won't matter so much. Seriously, how many plays a game is the centerfielder involved in? Would it really make THAT much difference?

Get better pitching, then it won't matter so much. Seriously, how many plays a game is the centerfielder involved in? Would it really make THAT much difference?

I think it would. I would say that a lot of the balls that Cameron gets to at the edge of his range that some other fielders can't get to would end up as extra base hits, not just singles.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived